VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD IU ADDENDUM?

Rate this question

BoatsDymond

Question

Hey everyone, this is my first post but since I've started my claim I have been reading a lot relating to my claim on here. In December of 2016 I received an overall rating of 80 percent. 70 PTSD, 20 Low Back Pain, 10 tinnitus, 10 TMJ and 10 Knee pain. Upon receiving it, it stated that IU was inferred so technically my claim is still open and shoes open on Ebennies. I completed the form for IU and uploaded it. They then requested documentation from an employer that I worked for 4 years ago. I received a call from them saying that form was all they needed to go to Ready for Decision. So I went and had it filled out in person and uploaded it. Almost immediately my date got pushed even further and it showed on ebennies that they wanted something from a VA medical facility. I called and they told me they requested another PTSD C&P exam. They outsourced it and I called the company (MSLA) to see if they received the request and they did but they said it is a request for an addendum with the same doctor who did my last one in October of 2016. My question is what exactly are they asking for from her and how long does this process typically take? Also what are my chances of receiving IU and when will they back pay me from? Thank you.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It's seems they had a question with her first exam do you have a copy reread it post it see what it is they are questioning I cannot open if it will be granted until I at least see the first exam. As for time it can take months unless you have a hardship mine took 60 days total with a hardship reading what you posted seems like a good chance 

Edited by jfrei

Its tough, sometimes, to get an outsourced exam.  Try anyway.  

The addendum could well be for the PTSD doc to opine if you are unemployable due to sc conditions.  That is the criteria for IU:  Did a doctor say you are unable to maintain substantial gainful employment due to your PTSD?  

I don't know what she said as I don't have access to the exam notes. Im thinking the only reason that I got rated 70 was because at the time of the exam I had a part time job as a busser that lasted only one month because of the severity of my PTSD. If not for that I think IU would have already been granted. But I think that they wouldn't be requesting all this information if they are just going to deny me. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats

Check with  the VBA (Veterans Benefit Administration) usually located a your local VAMC.

Just go up to the window and let the clerk know what you need, you will need to sign a FOIA and they will call you back to visit with a VSR,  & You request  your C&P Exam Report Dated on certain date.

He/She will make you a copy.

Actually we need morn information to help you with your EED?