VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ms Tbird put this up today PTSD study shows may cause other health problems in Adults

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman it took me 14 months for my c file to arrive, some times the VA sends for it looking for your records about your claim and in my opinion this is why it takes longer..I tell every veteran I know to request his/her C-file before filing a claim  you wil probably need it anyway  so get a jump start on the VA.

Also you can request your VA Medical Records from ROI  at your local VAMC to go way back 20 years or more  but look for a TON of papers....

if you used a different VAMC  then you can call that one and request your medical records, I understand when a veteran uses a different VAMC one that he use to use and moved away to another VAMC  Then the old VAMC sends your medical records off to a place to be stored and they have to request them from that place and  then forward them on to you.

Also check out the Boston VAMC they are doing a FACEBOOK  Session on MST  about the claims process, and as for as what a MST Victim needs to learn and how to cope with the struggles of the pain this has caused over the years.

Thanks, Buck.

I do have my C-file up to June 2015. But it's the timeframe since then that I need.  Nonetheless...forward progress must be maintained.

I'd like to check out that FB, but wife forced me off years ago. And I'm not willing to risk her finding out I got back on. My current T at my VAMC is now aware of the MST and we've started dealing with that. So...we'll see where that takes me.

Thanks again, Buck.

My 2 cents: Andyman73- Jaw pain, is a generalized comment about the pain experienced in a region. You will need a diagnosis for the "jaw" pain to better assist, in my opinion. I searched and did not locate a link for a physical complaint like this to a MH diagnosis. 

On 4/26/2017 at 5:15 PM, L said:

My 2 cents: Andyman73- Jaw pain, is a generalized comment about the pain experienced in a region. You will need a diagnosis for the "jaw" pain to better assist, in my opinion. I searched and did not locate a link for a physical complaint like this to a MH diagnosis. 

I had 5-6 entries in my SMR in regards to that, between the medical and dental side. The VARO informed me that it was a symptom of stress, since there was no DX made while on active duty. So they will end up eating their own words on that one. But all I can do is hope.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:24 PM, Gastone said:

Andy, if your other conditions have already been MD/DO DX'd, A NEW PTSD SC Awards effective Date would have to substantially predate the conditions in questions actual dates of DX.

To the best of my recollection, I don't recall ever seeing a "Reversed Nexus" Award.

Semper Fi

@Gastone now that I have officially been DX with PTSD, and SC'd for it. Can I claim sleep apnea as secondary due to aggravation of existing condition by the ptsd? 

Semper Fi

What's the Effective Date of the PTSD, does it predate your SA DX?

Absolutely file the SA Secondary FDC. Establishing the Nexus could be a problem, only time will tell.

Semper Fi