VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success Claimed from 2012.

Rate this topic

SueEdel

I was hoping that someday I would be able to report success on my claim to this forum. Today I. Am reporting SUCCESS!

I tend to be a quiet lurker but garner the info I need and move on with it. This claim was started in 2012 (I've been in system as SC since 1977). The original decision was frankly a garbled up mess that looked like it was written by a fifth grader. It had no rhyme or reason to their findings.

According to the documents i am now rated at 90%. I also have TDIU which was first denied because I earned too much money while the regulations state that if you work in a sheltered business ( like a family owned business ) you may still qualify regardless of income.

i believe it is P&T. There is a statement of no further examinations.

They made this decision prior to getting the results from the last C&P in May so that is still out there in VA land.

After waiting and wondering for 5 years since the start of the claim it is difficult to believe we have a favorable decision. I am having a hard time allowing myself to trust them!

Thanks to those who suggested which attorneys to contact in 2013. I sent a summary to 3 and all agreed I had a good appeal. I chose Katrina Eagle and she filed the NOD in 2013. She even addressed an issue I was unaware of and I was awarded 30% on it.

i appreciate all of you being here for me and all veterans in times of need. Just having a place to vent or inquire is priceless. 

❤️

• Founder

@SueEdel Congratulations. I know the relief you must feel and I am happy we played a part in it. We have a great group of volunteers here. 

A couple of tips. One after the win it can be kind of a roller coaster ride with some emotional ups and downs - just know this is normal and will pass. It will take time to accept it as true - also very normal. If there is any significant retro pay involved, please protect it in a CD or something for at least 3 months to let all the roller coaster emotions work themselves out. During this time make your plan for what you want to do with it. If you are able to continue to work in a sheltered environment and enjoy then do continue. If you can't continue that then take some time discovering things you may enjoy doing and remember now that the claim is done and you are permanent and total you will begin to worry less - enjoy that. If you are up to it spend time on the site reading and doing research for others or just offering words of support - you already know how much that can mean to someone.

Thanks Tbird. The only big expenditure is a vehicle upgrade. I have a 1998 in very nice shape that is garaged and well tended but need something newer. I will be getting something from perhaps 2013-2015. Otherwise paying bills. Trying to lighten the load we've been carrying for years.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use