VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-combat Related Ptsd Claims

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

My husband has a claim that is being looked at for ptsd due to a mva while in the service, I hope all goes well with it,,

Well I just read it again and his comment is pretty clear even without him saying the exact phrase.

PTSD is getting out of hand. Too many Vets are claiming PTSD that have no legitimate reason. Yes, there are those that actually have it but the word is out that if you served in Iraq claim PTSD when they discharge you.

Frank

Crypto,

You are reading more into it than pr posted.

He posted "I'm surprised more people don't have PTSD from 9/11."

Personally I do not read that as or even referring to,

" All veterans filing for PTSD from 9/11."

carlie

Edited by CRYPTOTECH

Next thing you know we have vets claiming PTSD from having to do community showers or they didn't like the way Drill Seargant looked at them. Totally frivilous and I don't want my claim tied up if the VA is using their time on these. Plus, it makes us Vets look bad. A few rotten apples can affect the whole shabang.

Frank

Edited by CRYPTOTECH

• HadIt.com Elder

Charlie Brown:

Your Fathers death while you were deployed is still a very plausible reason for Depression or some form of anxiety disorder. I got 100% cause my son was born while I was deployed and I did not hold him or see him for 15 months. I felt that I was a failure as a Father and had anxiety or panic attacks that were linked to my deployment.

If you want to know the truth it may be easier to go that route than PTSD although I think seeing people killed if provable will do it.

Good Luck

You're exactly right. A death in the family is more connected to depression or anxiety. If you see a family member die in an accident then PTSD could be claimed. Just having a death in the family isn't a PTSD stressor. It's easier to claim depression and anxiety.

frank

Charlie Brown:

Your Fathers death while you were deployed is still a very plausible reason for Depression or some form of anxiety disorder. I got 100% cause my son was born while I was deployed and I did not hold him or see him for 15 months. I felt that I was a failure as a Father and had anxiety or panic attacks that were linked to my deployment.

If you want to know the truth it may be easier to go that route than PTSD although I think seeing people killed if provable will do it.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

CRYPTO - I gather you have an advanced degree in psychiatry or psychology? Or is that just your "lay" opinion? What I wrote was "I'm surprised more people don't have PTSD from 9/11" and then gave two examples of veterans I'd assisted w/non-combat related PTSD. I never mentioned veterans filing using 9/11 as a stressor. Personally, I don't care how many file. If they're fakes they'll get weeded out. The VA is the one requiring stressor proof and what may be a stressor to one person won't necessarily be a stressor to another. And who are you to judge what is or is not a "legitimate claim!" jmo

pr

Oh man, just what we need. All veterans filing for PTSD from 9/11. Unless you were there in NY when it happened then I would be hard pressed to see someone getting granted for that.

Do you mean a Vet watching the news covering 9/11 or a vet actually in NY when it's happening. Or a vet with a relative that was injured or killed in 9/11. Sounds vague to think that Vets would be filing for 9/11 just by knowledge of the event.

The VA system is backlogged as it is. This would only hurt other vets that have legitimate claims.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe 3.

Frank