VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Authorized At Amc

Rate this question

Gardener

Question

I was informed by the 800 number people that my favorable BVA decision has been authorized this month (12th). Also, I received a letter from the DAV informing me that they reviewed the AMC decision and that I would be receiving an award letter.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with this. After authorization, how long should I expect to wait for the "official" award letter from the AMC? 1 month, 2 months, somewhere in between?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Gardener

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I was informed by the 800 number people that my favorable BVA decision has been authorized this month (12th). Also, I received a letter from the DAV informing me that they reviewed the AMC decision and that I would be receiving an award letter.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with this. After authorization, how long should I expect to wait for the "official" award letter from the AMC? 1 month, 2 months, somewhere in between?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Gardener

I don't think anyone here has a crystal ball inside of the VA Gardener!!! I wish we did!! But I think the best answer you will get is it should not be very long at all now!! Congrats

• HadIt.com Elder

It still may have to be sent back to your home RO. Why not ask the 800 number or your DAV

Thanks for the quick responses!

I called the 800 number and was told it was authorized on July 12. Also talked with the local DAV (after receiving a letter from the DAV in Washington in June) and was told probably should receive the retro at the end of this month (keeping fingers crossed). I also believe that the award letter will come directly from the AMC and not the home RO (my RO said they were not involved with this claim).

I just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience and could give me a timeline of what they experienced after being told their claim was authorized at the AMC.

Thanks for the congrats Chu Lai69.

Gardener

Gardner,this is my my experience with The BVA.I help this veteran get service connected for ptsd,after he had been denied two times,it was send to the BVA in Washington DC and approved September 2005.BVA dont rate,and it was send back to the regional office for a rating and it was December 2005 when when award letter was received,but this a regional office that have a lot of backlogged claims,so it all depends how backlogged the claims is at your regional office,so dont worry (RIGHT) lay back and relax,you will get it. Hope this helps!

mobie16r

Edited by mobie16r