VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fictional Medical Documentation

Rate this question

ex-doc

Question

In brief, I'm one of those blessed few who have had a majority of good experiences with my VA providers.

But right now, I'm at war due to an incompetent MD in the V.A. emergency room, who could not only diagnose an obvious back problem (even though I was recently post-discectomy), who misdiagnosed me as having a blood clot with no signs or symptoms or relevant history, AND the final straw - refused to send me for an MRI even though I requested one and had many signs and symptoms indicating the need. I pursued outside help, got an MRI, got the emergency surgery I needed to prevent cord damage, and now I'm fighting for payment for the MRI (although it is possible I may end up fighting for the consult and surgery, because even though they were approved, I had the procedures before the valid dates, since this whole thing was an emergency, hence my going to the emergency room in the first place.)

Part of preparing for my fee basis battle and senatorial complaint, medical board complaint, JCAHO complaint was to obtain my ER records. I was enraged when I read them as they were crap. Fiction, ommissions, and lies. Likewise, a triage nursing note claims I asked her to "authorize local treatment", when the truth is that she told me to get to a local ER, and I educated her that I was 100% and couldn't do that. I didn't just start in this system, so I certainly know who to ask for fee basis authorization and who not to.

I was told I could dispute my medical record (by the clerk in fee basis, of all people), which I would like to do. But nobody seems to know how to do this, or so far, no one has been willing to tell me.

Part of why this hacks me off so much is that I had worked for years as a health care provider and I never falsified a record, or ommitted relevant information, and I spent my last year working (before my PTSD/Depression won that battle) at this VAMC. I had a very good opinion of it overall. That's changing rapidly.

Does anyone know if you can contest the content of your VA notes, and if so, how?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Years ago when I didn't know any better(finally got the old VA card) I was in a rear end accident, back and neck pain. I called the VA at around 6:00Pm and they said come on down. We'll after being processed-they put me on a wooden board and wheeled me down to the xray dept where they promptly forgot about me. Fell asleep freezing, no blanket and the janitor came by and said what are you doing here. The xray dept closed hours ago. Finally got xrays done after the relief crew came in, but oh no-there is nobody on duty to read them, the machine to transfer them to the University hospital was down, so they located a courier to drive them to another hospital to read. I stayed there until 8:00 am the next morning. and how was your stay in the hospital?