VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Really Beginning To Wonder?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I am really beginning to wonder what is up with these IHD awards and money in the bank. Many of the vets if not all that I am reading about filed in Jan. 2010 I also am reading where many vets not just me are concerned because of the fact they filed in Oct. 09

Any comments or explanation?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I filed August 2009 and have sent 45 packages of documents to the VA, but am now not even sure which VA office has my claim because Detroit transferred it to Togus in Augusta, Maine October 2009 for development and neither office responded to my July 2010 inquiries and the response I got from calling the 800 number was vague at the best. All my envelopes were delivered to the VA according to USPS tracking system. Have had no correspondence from the VA since this past July and those two letters from Detroit VA, written a day apart, but received on the same day were obviously done in error what with reading as though the claim had never been transferred to Togus and development was beginning for the first time. I don't have a problem in waiting for a decision provided I knew someone was actually doing something with it. My file by now has volumes of proof of my post-prostate cancer treatment residual side effects and proof of ongoing active hairy cell leukemia, among other assorted impairments, so I really don't know what the problem is except for perhaps conclusive proof of my in-country TDY to Vietnam during my 3 year PCS at Kadena AB, Okinawa. I now have a veterans caseworker at my Senator's Detroit office looking into it. I hit a deadend with my calls to the 800 number after being told the computer record contained nothing to indicate Togus ever had my claim even though I had received a lot of correspondence and phone calls from Togus during the early months..I do have a friend with severe IHD who filed about the same time as I did and who got a call from his DAV rep last week telling him he was being approved at 100%, but hasn't yet received a notice or retro check. It is good news to know that some veterans are getting checks.

I filed August 2009 and have sent 45 packages of documents to the VA, but am now not even sure which VA office has my claim because Detroit transferred it to Togus in Augusta, Maine October 2009 for development and neither office responded to my July 2010 inquiries and the response I got from calling the 800 number was vague at the best. All my envelopes were delivered to the VA according to USPS tracking system. Have had no correspondence from the VA since this past July and those two letters from Detroit VA, written a day apart, but received on the same day were obviously done in error what with reading as though the claim had never been transferred to Togus and development was beginning for the first time. I don't have a problem in waiting for a decision provided I knew someone was actually doing something with it. My file by now has volumes of proof of my post-prostate cancer treatment residual side effects and proof of ongoing active hairy cell leukemia, among other assorted impairments, so I really don't know what the problem is except for perhaps conclusive proof of my in-country TDY to Vietnam during my 3 year PCS at Kadena AB, Okinawa. I now have a veterans caseworker at my Senator's Detroit office looking into it. I hit a deadend with my calls to the 800 number after being told the computer record contained nothing to indicate Togus ever had my claim even though I had received a lot of correspondence and phone calls from Togus during the early months..I do have a friend with severe IHD who filed about the same time as I did and who got a call from his DAV rep last week telling him he was being approved at 100%, but hasn't yet received a notice or retro check. It is good news to know that some veterans are getting checks.

If you do find out where the claim is you can ask the 800# for the fax number at your RO and send them the question by fax. This has worked for me in the past and gets an answer direct from the RO! Not the call center.