VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 More C&p's Just Finished

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Just got back from the last C&P exams. It all seems better than I anticipated for sure.

The Audiologist said I had "substantial hearing loss" and recomended hearing aids. He said that this type of Loss is consistant with Chronic Sinusitus. This is important because the VA denied my hearing loss and now it is linked to my Sinusitus that I currently have 10% disability for. I asked him to word it like that for me and he agreed. This was HIS diagnosis and I had not told him I had Chronic Sinusitus before the tests.

The Sinusitus appt this afternoon was good too. The doctor asked me why I was there. I told him I was seeking an increase since the VA could not help with the headaches and other symptons. He said "well in that case, let me ask you some questions to help you" He said 10% was way too low for my problems. He added, the inability for me to use a CPAP machine, The missing 2 days a week work, and dizzyness when I bent over etc. It all looks really good to me.

What do youse guys and gals think?

Edited by usdart

Is your OSA service connected? Is sinusitis aggravating your OSA? If you can show that OSA is in any way secondary to sinusitis that would be a big deal compensation-wise. How many conditions are you trying to get SC'ed? Do you also have a PTSD claim?

my current 10% rating is for Sinusitis and has been since 1979.

The VA denied my Hearing loss in 1979.

The VA wants evidence of a SC change for Hearing loss and the Audiologist states that the Hearing loss I NOW have is 'consistant with chronic sinusitis'. This should do as he says I have 'substantial Hearing Loss'. During this C&P I was checked for tinitus. and the Audiologist said that is no problem, I will get that.

The adiologist said he would write in his report that my Hearing loss is due to my Service connected Sinusitus. He recommended hearing aids as well.

The PTSD C&P was last Thursday and the examiner said I hit ALL the targets for PTSD.

All together I applied for an Increase in Sinusitis, new claims for PTSD, Hearing Loss and tinitus. All the C&P's went very well indeed. I am just waiting for the official reports to be posted to start to guesstimate where I am going to be rated.

It sounds here:

that the C & Ps went well but unfortunately VARO holds on to QTC exams until the claim is decided.

I assume the VA PTSD examiner was a VA shrink and I also hope your stressor complies with the new 2010 PTSD regs here in our PTSD forum.

It always pays to think about possibly needing a lawyer......

many here have said they would rather have 80% of a retro award with a legal fee then 100% of nothing.

I couldn't find a single BVA case that this firm had handled (Woods and Woods).

But I got tired of searching.Maybe some cases are there.

I am sure if you do need them (hope you won't) they would willingly give you some Dockets on BVA cases they handled.

MANY years ago Ken Carpenter called me.(I had filed a Mandamus writ)

I knew he was a great vet lawyer but I also asked him for the names of some of his cases, that I could look up at the court .

He was quite thrilled to give me some cases he had and we talked for well over an hour about VA case law.

Of course I lost the mandamus writ but a copy of it to my RO did seem to get some thumbs out of butts.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Berta!

I wrote the Stressor letter about a battle I was in while in Viet Nam. The battle is well documented and I also sent 2 'buddie statements as well.

I attached a brief summary of the after action report I found.

After Action.rtf