VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P

Rate this question

Stick Slinger

Question

I was a USMC door gunner in Iraq and have been rated at 30% for PTSD after a MAYBE 15 minute interview last year at the VA. My rep advised me not to appeal but to ask them to reconsider the rating. I was scheduled within 2-3 weeks for another C&P Exam and I went there yesterday in Myrtle Beach SC. WOW what a different interview.. this was very intense and lasted the entire hour. Was emotional at times and he asked a lot of questions.

But when he looked up at the clock, while I was talking, he said well our time is about up and I think I have all the info I need to make a good decision. I felt like we still had lots to talk about but it was over. OH WELL... wait and see.. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Good luck and to infinity and beyond!!! Joking aside it sounded like it well good luck 

thanks! I would have felt a little better if it had ended at a stopping point different than the clock.. I was hoping to tell everything I needed and wanted to say but...

I completely understand that..... I learned when a worked at a vet center- there is never enough time to talk about combat....it was Vietnam then......and Vietnam is still studied by our Military as Lessons Learned and although  as my husband said -(it was horrible and wonderful-he loved the Vietnamese people he met)

these things never go away......are you tied into a Vet Center or have significant other to be a sounding board?

Make sure-if the reconsideration request does not produce a response from VA, that you file the NOD in time. One year deadline on NODs.

Did the rep seek any CUEs they might have made on the 30% award?

Did the rep seek any CUEs they might have made on the 30% award?

Sorry, I don't know what this means. My rep thought the 30% was too low as did my Psychiatrist. I have a great wife but really I don't talk about much with anyone other than the Dr I see. Sometimes I wish I had just left all this buried somewhere in me but the older I get the worse it seems to bother me.