VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A general response to be written on form 9

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

I am going to file for an appeal to go to the bva. I haven't decided who will represent me in my bva hearing, but I want to go ahead and file my form 9 so that I don't miss my 2-month window.

I would like to ask for some suggestions on how to write a generic or standard response to the question of why I am filing an appeal. I want to make it as open a statement as I can so that if later I need to add something I can.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In this link I put the quote from NVLSP as to how to begin an Appeal:

https://community.hadit.com/forums/topic/53017-substantive-appeal-form-9/

I also gave some advice on what the I-9 should contain.

Whatever you do, don't let that 60-day clock tick down.

You're about to start a rather long wait for the BVA Hearing, I trust not just a Review.

DO you have a POA-VSO?  Might be  wise to do a face to face with the VSO, get their input to the 9 Filing requirements and possibly have them File it on your behalf. It will be well more than a day or TWO :) after the 9 is Filed before your RO Certifies your Appeal to the BVA for Docketing.

Thank you both for the replies.

I am thinking about hiring a law firm for my appeal. I was rather frustrated with how long it took 4 my veterans service organization to get back in touch with me every time I had a question. I wonder if it County Veteran officer is it any better?

At Ease, on the Attorney! You're probably going to want to hire one, but there's no rush right now. The main concern is completing the Form 9 and it's Timely Filing. Get that done by your VSO, make a special trip for a face to face at your VSO's RO HQ Office, no phone calls except to set up the appointment.

After the Form 9 is out of the way, you can take your time interviewing with both Local and nationally advertised VA Appeals Lawyers. Don't rush it, don't accept the 1st Firm and don't automatically agree to anything more than 20% (which is the norm) of your Retro, for legal Fees.  Some Vets, for whatever reason signed on for a 30% of their Retro, why??????

One reason why they pay attorneys 30% is because all

and everything you need to get approve and they pay for up front.

such as IMO & IME AND IF THEY DONT WIN YOU OWE NOTHING. 30%

is for large retro and if you don't have the money for the IMO OR IME

FOR LARGE RETRO than good luck

14 hours ago, Okemos_Veteran74 said:

I am going to file for an appeal to go to the bva. I haven't decided who will represent me in my bva hearing, but I want to go ahead and file my form 9 so that I don't miss my 2-month window.

I would like to ask for some suggestions on how to write a generic or standard response to the question of why I am filing an appeal. I want to make it as open a statement as I can so that if later I need to add something I can.

I would like to ask for some suggestions on how to write a generic or standard response to the question of why I am filing an appeal.....

If you don't know why you are going to appeal a decision or what you r going

to appeal than who knows????. You tell them what you disagree with and why

you disagree with the decision you got and show them the evidence you have .

Good Luck