Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claiming Pain Disorder Vs Depression!

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

I can not get sc for depression becasue of a non service depression diagnoses! I am wondering if I can get a non va theriapist to diagnose me with pain disorder could i win! I sc for spine,migrians,bilateral sciatica , degerative disk sisease i am total 70% overall !! Will they seperate my non service depression and pain disorder at the c and p?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I can not get sc for depression becasue of a non service depression diagnoses! I am wondering if I can get a non va theriapist to diagnose me with pain disorder could i win! I sc for spine,migrians,bilateral sciatica , degerative disk sisease i am total 70% overall !! Will they seperate my non service depression and pain disorder at the c and p?

I have same problem as we both have trouble with our backs mine is the fact after 3 surgeries I am still not able to function on account of pain/my migraines are horible brought on by increasesed blood pressure secondary to pain levels that most people would not function at all. that was my nuerologist opinion which has been sent to VA. My advice as I suffer from some of your problems is set down with a good mental health practioneir both VA and Civilian I find having one of each helps you more than having just one if you can afford it. explain the effects your body forces upoun you and family if you have one? Mine resents the fact I am unable to vacation with them. Do the fun stuff and basicaily be a man. I am unable to do many of those duties but I refuse to allow the VA to degrade me more than my own family does to me. I hate to sound so self centered but I feel for you if you have the agony I go through with my SC back. If i ac offer anything shoot me an e-mail off line I have had 3 surgeons work on me do not expect or depend on any help with C/P best you get your best civillian Docs Just my Humble opinion I had one good Doctor rest are company men they are not with you. Adios good luck,,,

I have same problem as we both have trouble with our backs mine is the fact after 3 surgeries I am still not able to function on account of pain/my migraines are horible brought on by increasesed blood pressure secondary to pain levels that most people would not function at all. that was my nuerologist opinion which has been sent to VA. My advice as I suffer from some of your problems is set down with a good mental health practioneir both VA and Civilian I find having one of each helps you more than having just one if you can afford it. explain the effects your body forces upoun you and family if you have one? Mine resents the fact I am unable to vacation with them. Do the fun stuff and basicaily be a man. I am unable to do many of those duties but I refuse to allow the VA to degrade me more than my own family does to me. I hate to sound so self centered but I feel for you if you have the agony I go through with my SC back. If i ac offer anything shoot me an e-mail off line I have had 3 surgeons work on me do not expect or depend on any help with C/P best you get your best civillian Docs Just my Humble opinion I had one good Doctor rest are company men they are not with you. Adios good luck,,,

va dr diagnosed me with depression of non service event! So each time i claimed depression at the c and p it was denied becasue of that!!! So i have to go with pain disorder or mood disorder ...

va dr diagnosed me with depression of non service event! So each time i claimed depression at the c and p it was denied becasue of that!!! So i have to go with pain disorder or mood disorder ...

rgero,

I would ask my mental health professional if they feel I have a pain disorder.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, pain disorder is considered an emotional disorder. Pain disorder is not just pain. It is your reaction to chronic pain. When reacting to your pain becomes the focus of your life you have chronic pain disorder. If pain limits you activites and causes depression, anxiety and dependence on drugs to endure life that is chronic pain disorder. I don't know how depression can be sorted out from chronic pain disorder.

Yes, pain disorder is considered an emotional disorder. Pain disorder is not just pain. It is your reaction to chronic pain. When reacting to your pain becomes the focus of your life you have chronic pain disorder. If pain limits you activites and causes depression, anxiety and dependence on drugs to endure life that is chronic pain disorder. I don't know how depression can be sorted out from chronic pain disorder.

i am with noth you and carlie as i am disabled myself but the VA continues to say no to my IU as i am already disabled. The pain disorder makes sense (but we are not qaulified LOL) to diagnose it ourselves. I may look at this one myself. This is the biggest reason other than each of being veterans together we have seen and heard it all. adios...