Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yipee My 10 Pt Pref Got Me Something

Rate this topic

airborne18

My 10pt prefrence finally paid off... well sortof... I took the test for a Census Job. I missed one question ( and an easy math one ).. But I did get a job out of it. I am one of the two supervisors for QA in my county. Pays 17.75 an hour and supposedly I can work from home.

It only lasts 15 weeks. But I need the money, daughter starts college this fall and we are getting zero federal aid. If anyone thinks the VA is nonsense, the FASFA process is a joke.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 10pt prefrence finally paid off... well sortof... I took the test for a Census Job. I missed one question ( and an easy math one ).. But I did get a job out of it. I am one of the two supervisors for QA in my county. Pays 17.75 an hour and supposedly I can work from home.

It only lasts 15 weeks. But I need the money, daughter starts college this fall and we are getting zero federal aid. If anyone thinks the VA is nonsense, the FASFA process is a joke.

Congrats, good news is hard to come by.

• In Memoriam

This is the first time I have heard of 10 pt. pref. helping a Vet. This is good news for Vets. If you only missed one question I don't think you needed the pref. anyway unless it was to beat out some other 8a pref.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use