Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The 12 Worst Regional Offices

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I would like to compose a list of the 12 Worst places to live for VA benefits. If your RO has "done you wrong" post it, and why..I think this list should be turned over to Bob Filner, Mr. Hall, Mr. Shineski, and, yes, Mr. Obama.

I propose these terrible RO's head the list:

"The Veterans list of the 12 Worst Regional Offices:

1. New York

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. St. Pete

I want these to be like "power ratings" for the NFL..except in reverse, kind of like the least likely teams to win the next superbowl of being Veteran friendly.

My reasons for the "Terrible 3" of NY, Detroit, Cleveland being the worst are largely due to the AG's report of Veterans shredded claims, as well as my own experience in Drew Careys neighborhood. Please add your RO to this "12 worst list", if you feel your RO is deserving, as we can use it to pressure them to "get off this nasty list" by good Veterans service. Also a factor is The AG reported disparity among states, where some RO's compensate Veterans much higher than others. Cleveland, Indiana, and Illinois are 3 states at the bottom of this list also. I want to pressure the VA to stop "low balling" and start treating Veterans right by putting the worst offenders on this nasty list. A "good list" may also be in order, with the top "Veteran friendly" RO's. Thanks for your input and helping other Veterans to get benefits they deserve.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Have you noticed the family ties in some VARO's? Husband, wife, sister, brother-in-law, cousins, son, daughter...why aren't these jobs posted to allow vets to apply for them? Most of these people do not have any type of formal education but the biggest kicker is they can't read or write sentence structure either. And they get promoted to jobs where they make the decisions on our claims...oh yes and don't forget the bonuses they get for deny's too!

The biggest problem here is where are the vets? The ratio of vets to civilian family ties is pitiful. There was a wife who got a job at the local VARO after her husband got one, and now her cousin works there, and one of her daughter's and next year she hopes to have her other daughter there too. What the hello is going on??

Pittsburg is in the The midwest, home of the free and the brave and the worst service to Veterans of any area in the country.

Ohio is famous for its terrible service, and its last or dead last ranking by the AG.

Illinois was so bad, that Barack Obama, before he was president made a stink, and, for a while, if your RO was in the "Bottom 5" (lowest ranking Regional Offices by the Attorney General) , you could write in and ask for reconsideration. That blew over, like most things, and was just lip service, once Barack got elected as president. Midwest Veterans came out empty handed, with the exception of some mild improvement in Illinios RO.

However, Ohio Veterans regurarly get the shaft and remain a "bottom feeder"..(a trash fish)

Indiana is right down there about neck and neck with Illinois, and Ohio, and the new deal was supposed to prevent the disparity among states..it did nothing for Ohio, Indiana, and the rest of the midwest.

I think Midwest Regional Office managers get together, have pow wows on how they can give even worse service to Veterans.

Berta pointed out Buffalo RO is also in the midwestern "Shameful-treatment-to-Veterans-belt"

Its too bad we cant "pick" our REgional Office, and then close the bad ones for poor service.

My humble apologies to St. Louis Vets, and, as Halos pointed out, St. Louis Vets deserve to have their Regional Office RANKED in the prestigious "bottom 12" of all VA Regional Offices, due to their shredding of Veterans claims.

My humble apologies to St. Louis Vets, and, as Halos pointed out, St. Louis Vets deserve to have their Regional Office RANKED in the prestigious "bottom 12" of all VA Regional Offices, due to their shredding of Veterans claims.

My question would be "Are there any good Regional Office's?"

seems like since we are all trying to figure out how to win our claims, we should be rating the best instead of the worse. That way vets would know where to go if they did move or have a choice.

The Regional Offices in Maine and New Mexico have good reputations..according to the AG, they have a high rate of claim approval, and I have heard that Maine is very efficient and does a good job and well managed.

Remember, tho, this forum is called "hadit"..it is for Veterans who have "had it" with the VA.

If anyone would like to rate the VARO's and ask Veterans which are the best, then help yourself.

The idea of this "bottom 12" list would be to turn the list over to VA management, so they at least know the places they can improve.

The idea is that the new management really cares what Veterans think, and that certainly may not be true, but we can hope it is true.

Edited by broncovet

HEY instead of turning the list over to MANAGMENT======

just have them GET NEW MANAGMENT---

You know i just got the denial letter today SIGNED by the same PERSON that signed them in --1971 and ever since.

Steve in minnesota