VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Meds By Mail

Rate this topic

The bummer on my meds. I stated in an earlier post that Spokane VA Fedexed my meds to me. Now for the kicker. Did you all know all fedex express mail orders (at least in this area) get flow to Memphis for "processing", flown back to the nearest city with an airport then forwarded by ground to the addressee? How it worked:

Spokane VA and Fedex promised over night delivery of the meds. They were shipped by Spokane Washington VA on the 10th of May, flown to Memphis for "processing", then returned to Spokane too late for over night delivery to me. The real kicker- my home is in Coeur d'Alene Idaho is only 30 miles from Spokane. I ended up having to drive to Spokane Fed ex and have them pull the meds off the truck and personally hand them to me. I told the guy it makes no sense to send a package hundreds of miles to Memphis, then return it to Spokane for 2nd day delivery. Lots of apologies etc. I asked if they then charged the VA for overnight delivery, when in fact it didn't happen and "of course".

Obviously, Fedex is not always the answer either! :P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Guess what?

My meds showed up, yesterday.

17 days after being prescribed.

Not bad, for gubbermint work, eh?

Of course, it was probably Pete's forging of my name that speeded things up...... :blink:

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Jon.

That explains why overnight takes a couple days or so from Spokane VAMC.

Brothers and Sisters,

I have been through the same thing as all of you have. Instead of complaining (I am NOT putting you down) I asked my Doctor for a month or in some cases 15 days of the meds to be filled out of the VA System and paid for by me. It is cheaper than the hassle of writting letters and bitching.

Just my cure!

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually what appears to be bitching is actually informing the Members and getting feedback. Why should getting the prescribed Meds from the VA be a hassle?