Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Meds By Mail

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the meds in todays mail. 5 days late but finally here. What is really weird is that on Tuesday is usually slow mail day at our house.

I am still mulling over complaining. I can't afford to get my meds 5 days late.

Right now the VA pharmacy will not do refills except by phone and myhealtevet.com. For me getting my meds and getting on time has always been a hassle.

Sorry for the rant.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete53,

No need to apologize about ranting. It is unfortunate, no, outrageuos that your Rx's get screwed up like that. I help an elderly vet with his appointments, meds, etc., and the few times there was a problem with his Rx's, I just called the VAMC pharmacy and they saw to it that the meds were delivered. This has happened 2 or 3 times now. I suppose it might be the rural area we live in, but everything has worked out to the benefit of the veteran so far. We use the Walla Walla, Washington VAMC.

I would file the complaint.

Good luck Pete, and I hope things work out better for you.

Ed

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Ed. For helping another Vet and your kind words.

I have decided to just write a letter and mail it to the Administrator and point out that there are problems in her Meds by Mail Program.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Ed. For helping another Vet and your kind words.

I have decided to just write a letter and mail it to the Administrator and point out that there are problems in her Meds by Mail Program.

Pete

Forge my signature on your letter, right below your signature.

Attention Pete:

I also stated I had problems with timely refill and delivery of my meds. About a month aga, I sent a second letter to the Spokane VA medical director and to my senator, Larry Craig about the problem. The last few days have presented the same problems. I called Sen. Craig's office and they called VA and guess what? Within 25 minutes, I had a call from the head pharmacist ( the pharmacy stated they never call patients) stating the hospital director had received a call from Sen. Craig's office and the director had told him to handle the matter. The pharmacist stated he would "Fed Ex" the prescription today so I would get it by tomorrow. He also stated he would retrieve the necessary paper work from the doctor.

My wife had to pick me up off the floor. The pharmacist also said they would notify Sen. Craigs office when the meds ship.

Recapping, what I did. First late refill, a letter to the VA hospital director which they will send to patient advocate who will send you some kind of excuse, but will not resolve the problem. Second time late refill, I sent letter to VA director and my senator's office. Third snafu, a call to the senator's office which seemed to accelerate movement at the VA hospital. The senator wanted written permission from the veteran before they contact VA. That way you have given them the ok to roll.

Don't give up my friend!!!!!!

P.S.

The pharmacist called within 25 minutes and advised the refill was filled and being processed to Fed Ex.