Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Meds By Mail

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Once again the Xanax and now the hydrocodone is not in my mailbox on time. They were due on May 3rd. So here we go again the meds by mail merry go round except this time I am going to the VA and filing a formal complaint against the pharmacy and the head of the pharmacy and the the VA Hospital in Dallas.

I am thinking about filing a complaint with the Inspector General also. Even if I get them tomorrow I am out for 5 days. Besides me having to deal with this my wife is on my ass about it also.

In the last year the VA has lost or misplaced or delivered late my Xanax 5 months out of 12. The last time I went through this I asked what they would do if I ran out of heart meds and now they send refills of that crap 2 times a month. I did tell the pharmacist I already had the paperwork filled out for my wife to sue if they messed up.

Is it me or am I the only ones who has so much trouble with my Meds? Sorry for the rant.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do the same thing through tricare now. In fact, many insurance companies are trying to switch to mailed meds in order to cut out the middle man (walgreens, etc). Health care in this country is an archaic mess and, for the life of me, I can't figure out how half the country is happy with it /sigh.

• HadIt.com Elder
Once again the Xanax and now the hydrocodone is not in my mailbox on time. They were due on May 3rd. So here we go again the meds by mail merry go round except this time I am going to the VA and filing a formal complaint against the pharmacy and the head of the pharmacy and the the VA Hospital in Dallas.

I am thinking about filing a complaint with the Inspector General also. Even if I get them tomorrow I am out for 5 days. Besides me having to deal with this my wife is on my ass about it also.

In the last year the VA has lost or misplaced or delivered late my Xanax 5 months out of 12. The last time I went through this I asked what they would do if I ran out of heart meds and now they send refills of that crap 2 times a month. I did tell the pharmacist I already had the paperwork filled out for my wife to sue if they messed up.

Is it me or am I the only ones who has so much trouble with my Meds? Sorry for the rant.

Hi, Pete.

Well, here I sit, all broken-hearted.........waiting like the bride alone at the altar.

Waiting for my Welbutrin, etc. You know, the Welbutrin that keeps me from WANTING TO CHOKE THE SH*T OUTTA WHOEVER IS NEARBY!

Called 'em (the VAMC Dallas, for those of you who don't know the facility Pete and I refer to). They were mailed (yeah, right) ten days ago (I live 30 miles from the facility). Musta sent 'em by terrapin.

Well, back to chewing on the inside of my cheeks.............and pullin the hair off my arms......and anything else that I can do to keep from feeling like I'm feeling like...

By all means file a written complaint with the Pharmacy Director and copy to the Director of the VAMC.

I went through this rigamorale years ago-

they had to file an incident report and it got into the c file----

When the coroner asked me what meds Rod was on-it was at that moment that I realised he had just received and took- another vets medications-(same meds but much higher dosage)he had just returned from the PTSD In house and his meds had been changed .The AM of his death he mentioned how the VA keeps changing everything-I was in and out all AM tending to the lifestock and didnt pick up on what he was saying-

I called the other vet-after Rod died ---he said the VA had be giving him hell for 2 weeks saying he DID get his meds-he was quite elderly (WWII vet and was afraid he would die without his meds)

his were here-I dont know who got Rods.

I raised more hell at the VAMC and they reissued the WWII vets meds to him.

This was one more thing I added to my Tort claim-come to find out-

maybe if Rod had been on this med dosage all along he might have lived longer.

My c file revealed this incident report-

but the remarks and comments they made about me pointing the error out to them-were just ridiculous-and overlooked the real problem-

lack of proper supervision in the pharmacy.

Try getting Methadone by mail. It has to be renewed EACH month (as in a new prescription) and a hard copy of the prescription has to be received by the pharmacy. You can't follow the prescription on My Healthe Vet as it is a class II narcotic. Every month, the same hassle. The pharmacy blames the doc the doc blames the pharmacy. Need to get the meds a few days earlier? Forget it. They put you on a pain management program and then you can't get the meds on time.

I filed complaint with medical director and sent copies of the letters to Senator larry Craig's office. I havent heard from him yet! The VA admits problems with mail refills, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix them. Class II narcotics come shipped to you certified mail signature required.

Try getting Methadone by mail. It has to be renewed EACH month (as in a new prescription) and a hard copy of the prescription has to be received by the pharmacy. You can't follow the prescription on My Healthe Vet as it is a class II narcotic. Every month, the same hassle. The pharmacy blames the doc the doc blames the pharmacy. Need to get the meds a few days earlier? Forget it. They put you on a pain management program and then you can't get the meds on time.

I filed complaint with medical director and sent copies of the letters to Senator larry Craig's office. I havent heard from him yet! The VA admits problems with mail refills, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix them. Class II narcotics come shipped to you certified mail signature required.

That's ridiculous. Mail-in scripts are meant for drugs that are long term and have little likelihood of changning, not meds that need to be re-up'd every month.