Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Lawyer-if Needed

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I just had conference call with my lawyer on some personal business matter I have- my other lawyer retired ----

Since I didnt know this new lawyer I did ask him-in my cover letter on the business matter-if he was at all interested in the new Veterans Rep bill-

Well they switched me to a different lawyer- who was really great on the business matter and he said he was a disabled vet himself and would be very interested in handling my claim---after the regs go through-I told him what evidence I had-and he seemed delighted.

I sure suggest that you all contact your private attorneys-

this guy is a contractual lawyer but we talked more about VA regs etc than we did about my matter which is just basic contract law.

You never know ---your personal lawyer might sure take your claim or know of another lawyer who will-and many lawyers are disabled vets too-----

He also was interested in my potential class action for NYS vets and widows-

and the amendment to 38 CFR (VCAA) I am asking my Congressman to sponsor.

Dont hesitate to ask any lawyer you know if they would be willing to rep you-

I was surprised because my other former lawyer knew nothing about the claims process- and I had to help him a lot with his claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I just had conference call with my lawyer on some personal business matter I have- my other lawyer retired ----

Since I didnt know this new lawyer I did ask him-in my cover letter on the business matter-if he was at all interested in the new Veterans Rep bill-

Well they switched me to a different lawyer- who was really great on the business matter and he said he was a disabled vet himself and would be very interested in handling my claim---after the regs go through-I told him what evidence I had-and he seemed delighted.

I sure suggest that you all contact your private attorneys-

this guy is a contractual lawyer but we talked more about VA regs etc than we did about my matter which is just basic contract law.

You never know ---your personal lawyer might sure take your claim or know of another lawyer who will-and many lawyers are disabled vets too-----

He also was interested in my potential class action for NYS vets and widows-

and the amendment to 38 CFR (VCAA) I am asking my Congressman to sponsor.

Dont hesitate to ask any lawyer you know if they would be willing to rep you-

I was surprised because my other former lawyer knew nothing about the claims process- and I had to help him a lot with his claim.

Berta, Found out from Clark this morning that he has retired. I was a bit worried about him as I thought he was sick or something. Found me a different (Lady) Lawyer out of Florida

GARY

gdsnide

Good Gary- I too have been wondering about Clark.

I wish I could get my hands on the test the VA is giving to lawyers to show they know VA case law etc-

I think that if every lawyer has to take it why not give it to all vet reps and SOs too- as a matter of fact- the new regs have been posted on the Federal Register site and they are open for public comment.

I like to comment on any new VA regs that I think are wrong-

I think I will make this suggest right now on their web site -

Anyone can make public comment there- and the comments are posted at the VA and also where lawyers can see them.

I email my comments but I also print them out and mail them formally too.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would like to find a lawyer in Florida who could tell me if I have a shot at a CUE claim. I was denied and just wrote a NOD on this thing. Just from what I know it is probably a long shot. It would be nice to know before I start the long wait at the BVA to have the denial reviewed.

• HadIt.com Elder

[quote name='john999' date='May 16 2007, 11:49 AM' post='51763']

I would like to find a lawyer in Florida who could tell me if I have a shot at a CUE claim.  I was denied and just wrote a NOD on this thing. Just from what I know it is probably a long shot. It would be nice to know before I start the long wait at the BVA to have the denial reviewed.

[/quote]

John999,

I pasted this from the list of lawyers that Berta posted on line last week. Hope that this helps you.

Florida :

Lisa A. Lee

Lee Law Firm

830-13 A1A North, Suite 158

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL32082

phone: (904) 223-1974

fax: (904) 223-3208

email: lisaalee66@msn.com

web site: NOVA Member: YES

Admitted to CAVC: YES

Represents at all levels: YES

Other Information: Law Practice limited to representing Veterans and Dependents

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Most don't think that a Lawyer will necessarily speed up a claim but there is a good chance that they can assist in winning a claim and that Lawyers are going to force the VA to clean up thsir act.

Oversite is a big weapon. Lawyers will constantly look for weak points in VA and attack them.

Good Luck on your claim

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.