Types Of Veterans

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Lets see we have

OEF Vets

OIF Vets

GWOT (Global War on Terrorism)Vets

Plane old vets like me, even though I served 28 years and served during OEF, OIF, GWOT............................................

This is gettin maddening!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My Dear Fellow Harley Dude:

You Are An;

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ VET.

In other words.......YOU DA VET, UH-HUH!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a Viet Nam Era Vet and proud of it. I was drafted Nov 14, 1968 and served 2 years. I went through basic training at Ft Bliss Texas, AIT at Ft Benning and second AIT at Ft Sill. Than I was assigned to 3rd Armor in Germany and spent 15 months plus in the field and Budigne Germany.

I have two brothers who served, my Father served in WWII and was awarded a Purple Heart and Bronze Star and my Grand Father served in WWI and suffered from exposure to mustard gas.

My great great Uncle was Dick Dowling who actually has a statue made of him at Memorial Park in Houston. He is the hero of the Battle of Sabine Pass Texas where he lead a Company of Texas Confederate Soldiers and defeated a three ship invasion by the Union Army.

My wife is a member of DAR < Daughters of the American Revolution > and I consider myself a patriot.

I salute the service of all Veterans who have served honorably.

Hey Pete,

I am a Vietnam vet in country 69/70 Danang 58th. trans Bt. I corp. took basic Fort Bliss, Tex came out in July/august I think 69 went to MOS Ft. Belvoir and then volunterred for Nam.

Jimmy Carter's troops all went to Canada! The A--Hole!

God Bless ALL Veterans

Stillhere

I am a Viet Nam Era Vet and proud of it. I was drafted Nov 14, 1968 and served 2 years. I went through basic training at Ft Bliss Texas, AIT at Ft Benning and second AIT at Ft Sill. Than I was assigned to 3rd Armor in Germany and spent 15 months plus in the field and Budigne Germany.

I have two brothers who served, my Father served in WWII and was awarded a Purple Heart and Bronze Star and my Grand Father served in WWI and suffered from exposure to mustard gas.

My great great Uncle was Dick Dowling who actually has a statue made of him at Memorial Park in Houston. He is the hero of the Battle of Sabine Pass Texas where he lead a Company of Texas Confederate Soldiers and defeated a three ship invasion by the Union Army.

My wife is a member of DAR < Daughters of the American Revolution > and I consider myself a patriot.

I salute the service of all Veterans who have served honorably.

Ab2wk: I too am a "peacetime" vet.

Pete: What a great family history! My dad was in the Navy, 1 sister in the USAF (admin 12-13 years), and only brother in the Army, he went to Germany, not sure what his job was. I do have other family member who served, but I don't remember them all, my paternal grandpa was one of 13 kids and all of his sons (incl. my dad) went in the military.

Betrayed: WOO HOO, you the man. 28 years, that's a long time. I couldn't imaine being in that long.

I was in the USAF, stationed at Offutt, NE, SAC HQ (86-87), basic and tech school were both in Lackland, TX. I was an MP.