Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Question On Time Differences.

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I finally applied for SSDI on the 4th of May. I took in all of my VA records and award letters, and even the letter from the Voc. Rehab office stating that I was ineligible for VR because of my disabilities interefering with school or work. The paperwork I recieved at the interview stated the usual 180 days for a decision. I'm awaiting a return of my Birth Certificate, as the SS had my birthdate wrong, and my original birth certificate, stamped, is no longer valid to state who you are. They have to pay your state Vital Records for a new copy. So I got a letter this week stating that once they recieved my BC they would make a decision with in 30 days.

Anyone ever had this happen? Very strange, but it's got to be good one way or another. Even if they turn me down, I don't have to wait the 6 months to find out, can appeal it quicker. Just wondering how many people have been 100% and turned down? Any help is appreciated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest Dataman

Most win at the ALJ Hearing. About 2 years to get at that level.

About 60 days for 1st determination

Then you ask for 2nd look

More time

Then ask for ALJ hearing. Long wait.

Then hearing

Couple of Months after than

Hopefully you find out right off the bat!

Most win at the ALJ Hearing. About 2 years to get at that level.

About 60 days for 1st determination

Then you ask for 2nd look

More time

Then ask for ALJ hearing. Long wait.

Then hearing

Couple of Months after than

Hopefully you find out right off the bat!

i agree ,,,, when i turned mine in i had Two VA doctors reports and one IMO and still waited 2 plus years for hearing and during that time i turned in 2 more IMO and my award letter said it was a close call but i was granted .. the SS rater wanted to veto award based on two things i admited to ... one i researched the affects of my VA meds on a computer and second i went to visit my sister and to do that i took a plane all by myself ... so these two things make me able to hold a steady job such as phone sales or ticket taker

I was turned down

so was i turned down with 70% IU PT i think you just have to drown them with paper work and still they will stall you as long as they can... Funny they never tell you that bull when they sell you insurance... and SSD is a insurance and if they could find a way to beat you out of it they think of that as a win for them

I filed for SSDI in March 2004 and was turned down ( although I was only 20% SC at the time) I filed for osteo arthritis and depression, peripheral neuropathy and Sleep apnea. I was denied at ALC and Appeals Council. That claim is now awaiting to go to the District court Level or Federal. My lawyer said I also file a brand new original claim which I did in December 2006. Since then I have been awarded 80% TDIU (70% Depression) and 2 VA Psychs say they don't think I am able to work. Have been told they will be making decision on new claim this week. Well I should know soon I guess.