VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Pain

Rate this topic

I have received 180 Darvocet and 60 Percoet monthly for 4 years, and I've never heard of this form.

This is ordered by my PCP, and 2 shrinks. I suffer from CPS, back, migraines, etc.

I have never been to a "pain clinic" before; however,I have been on the waiting list for a "pain clinic"

for 1 year now and every time I call to check, she just says it hasn't been scheduled yet.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get my appoitment set? Please..

I wouldnt be in such a hurry as I really dont see them doing anymore at the pain clinic than what u r getting now. Under the patients bill of rights you have the right to be treated for pain and if your current meds arnt making it talk to your PCP about changing your meds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA lumps "pain disorder with physical and psychological causes" in with other mental disorders. You won't get extra compensation and maybe not even a rating. I was SC'ed for pain disorder but it all came under the main mental disorder which was 70%. I am wondering what the benefit of getting a rating for pain disorder might be if you are already over 100%. You won't die from pain disorder but it certainly makes us depressed and anxious. I don't get any special treatment from the VA and I am in the pain clinic. I get bottles of dope every month.

I am wondering what the benefit of getting a rating for pain disorder might be if you are already over 100%.

a 100% rating two years earlier, thus two more years of back pay.......................

I used to get that many, now I get 180 a month and ten 75 mcg/h fentanyl patches every month.

Have ypu given any thought to applying for 9422 Pain Disorder ?

Don't know what that is: 9422. Can you tell me more about it and send me to some links that may discuss it?

Got more news and will post here after i read a few more posts....looks like a few more people have responded.

Studies have consistently shown that people requiring narcotics for chronic pain are the very last to abuse them. Also studies show that chronic pain is one of, if not the, most undertreated condition in the US. A google search for both might arm you with enough facts to counter the resistence you are currently facing.

I certainly know how badly untreated chronic pain can damage a person physically and mentally. Fight the good fight and don't give up!

Thanks for telling us about your experience. i have a few things to say about methadone but will save that for another post. If i can find those studies that you mention that will help a lot too.

Today i'm giving this forum address to a reporter who is very interested in all veteran issues but is working on this narcotics contract now with me and i want him to read as many accounts as possible.

i'm working on a letter that can be signed by all of us who appose this form of entrappment that the VA is pulling on people who need meds. That's not to say that some people don't abuse their benefits in one way or another but making everyone suffer for the few is simply WRONG!

Title 38 Code of federal regulations Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief

9422 is under mental disorders, specifically somatoform disorders

Somatoform Disorders

9421 Somatization disorder

9422 Pain disorder

9423 Undifferentiated somatoform disorder

9424 Conversion disorder

9425 Hypochondriasis

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name 100

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships 70

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships 50

Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events) 30

Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication 10

A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication 0