Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Va Prescriptions

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered. I found out not even sent either. After more than 2 hours on phone the solution was for me to cal my Primary Care Doc and get new Prescriptions.

Since November they lost my prescription and have not given me my refill on time once.I was polite today and talked to the Pharmacy and the new deal the VA Call Center. You cannot get directly to your Doc at VA anymore.

I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

John999,

A 100% or TDIU with P&T vet is not supposed to be burdened with the cost of treatment.

ANY TREATMENT.

No co-pays.

I'm paying for everything.

myhealthevet has locked me out.

MY PCP instructed me to call to discuss my treatment options.

The calls never go through.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

Well as amazing as it may seem my meds just arrived. By my calculations I am 18.3 % short or 22 pills of aprazolam and also the oxycontin that is late. What is worse is my Doc at VA said she wanted to see me in 10 days and I just got the appointment its July 10th or 34 days from when she made the appointment and 24 days later. My prescriptions have also run out.

I am so sick of this I am about to throw in the towell and quit going to the VA and take my lumps with prescription meds with Medicare Course it means that I will have to pay 3600 out of pocket before the 5% rule kicks in.

I wonder if I can bill the VA for my copays?

Now I am going to go after the VARO like a junk yard dog to get all the money that I can squeeze out of the bastards and where do you sign up to sue Avandia and Actos both prescriptions that the VA has given me?

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete and Sledge

The reality is that we have to put our health first and cannot rely on the VA. It is unjust, but that is the way it is. At least we may be able to get the help we need from private sources. Think of the poor bastards who totally depend on the VA for everything. I have Blue Cross and Medicare Part B and it costs me, but I will keep it. The VA should be like a lamp on a hill for the other health care systems. Instead it is run by bean counters and cheapskates. If my VAMC is world class then we are in trouble.

Well as amazing as it may seem my meds just arrived. By my calculations I am 18.3 % short or 22 pills of aprazolam and also the oxycontin that is late. What is worse is my Doc at VA said she wanted to see me in 10 days and I just got the appointment its July 10th or 34 days from when she made the appointment and 24 days later. My prescriptions have also run out.

I am so sick of this I am about to throw in the towell and quit going to the VA and take my lumps with prescription meds with Medicare Course it means that I will have to pay 3600 out of pocket before the 5% rule kicks in.

I wonder if I can bill the VA for my copays?

Now I am going to go after the VARO like a junk yard dog to get all the money that I can squeeze out of the bastards and where do you sign up to sue Avandia and Actos both prescriptions that the VA has given me?

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the scripts,my friend had trouble with his until he got him a POST OFFICE BOX! I use myhealthevet.com and AS OF YET HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY MEDS! myheathevet is so easy and efficent to use and now you can do an in person authenacation at the RIO office and it shows what the drug is.BUT,I do still count the pills! TRY it (signing up on healthevet) I have had terrific results with it! Fred Moore DECKAPE O'BANNON 1965 :lol: