Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Va Prescriptions

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered. I found out not even sent either. After more than 2 hours on phone the solution was for me to cal my Primary Care Doc and get new Prescriptions.

Since November they lost my prescription and have not given me my refill on time once.I was polite today and talked to the Pharmacy and the new deal the VA Call Center. You cannot get directly to your Doc at VA anymore.

I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

>I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

Im sorry to hear your still getting this type of treatment Pete.

This is the model system the rest of the country wants to switch to?

Maybe if they screw up enough, every one will pay for their own meds.

I think America is getting the "real picture" of VA medicine. They broke their arm patting themselves on the back and now the truth is coming out.

I had to confront my PC care VA doc to finally straighten out their prescription snafus.

Pete53,

Sorry to hear about your prescription troubles with the VA. I am some what new to the system, but I know with my civilian Dr, I had about 3-5 med, now with the VA, they want me to be on 7-10. I can't keep track of it all.

My primary care Dr/ PA? Nurse will tell me what they are subscribing, and 2 weeks later I get someting totally different in the mail. They tell me that they will write a presc for 4 refills and when I get the med it is only 1 of 1!! When I call the VA and try to talk to a decision maker it takes 5 calls and 3 hours.

I am lucky, I live in the same city as the VA hospital (even though I am 45 miles away one way)....I can only emagine how bad it is with long distance Vets.

JC

>I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

Im sorry to hear your still getting this type of treatment Pete.

This is the model system the rest of the country wants to switch to?

Maybe if they screw up enough, every one will pay for their own meds.

Allan, Are you trying to say we should all pay for our on meds for SC conditions??

Stillhere

Pete,

That just plain sucks, having to buy your own. You would think that the VA would know by now the meds you are on and just have them place on an automatic ship to you or something similar to that. I guess I am just thinking that they are being organized. I do know that if you go to Wal-Mart and tell them you are paying cash, they try to get you the best deal, but that is not no consilation from the cost you pay the VA, if any.

Maybe even try one of those discount presciption plans that you pay monthly or yearly for.

regards,

Tamara

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered. I found out not even sent either. After more than 2 hours on phone the solution was for me to cal my Primary Care Doc and get new Prescriptions.

Since November they lost my prescription and have not given me my refill on time once.I was polite today and talked to the Pharmacy and the new deal the VA Call Center. You cannot get directly to your Doc at VA anymore.

I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well they called today and are willing to swear on a stack of bibles yet I still don't have them which puts you into an even worse situation cause when you fail to get your meds they act like you are stealing or something.