Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Problems With Va Prescriptions

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered. I found out not even sent either. After more than 2 hours on phone the solution was for me to cal my Primary Care Doc and get new Prescriptions.

Since November they lost my prescription and have not given me my refill on time once.I was polite today and talked to the Pharmacy and the new deal the VA Call Center. You cannot get directly to your Doc at VA anymore.

I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lately, my scripts have also been late. This usually forces me to call my private physician and have his office phone in the prescription to the local drug store. With our insurance, the drug may be more expensive or less than the VA co-pay- just depends on the drug and of all things, the duty pharmacist.

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered. I found out not even sent either. After more than 2 hours on phone the solution was for me to cal my Primary Care Doc and get new Prescriptions.

Since November they lost my prescription and have not given me my refill on time once.I was polite today and talked to the Pharmacy and the new deal the VA Call Center. You cannot get directly to your Doc at VA anymore.

I am going to ask my Doc on Medicare if he will write a prescription for me and just buy it myself.

Once again my prescription is late Aprazolam was due on June 2, and as of today not delivered.

Do you use my healthevet website to order refills?

I do and it works pretty good, my clonazepam was late one time and it was the post office fault, it was mailed priority and took 10 days to go from chicago to ann arbor.......................

In my opinion- pharmacy errors as to late receipt of meds should be reported to the VAMC Director.

The VA pharmacy has a daily inventory control system that is supposed to work right down to the last pill-

Unfortunately pharmacy screw ups usually get blamed on the post office- still-

there is no reason at all for these problems to occur-

I had a local vet that- luckily the local VAMC knows me as an advocate so I could speak for him- he was getting too upset to talk to them by phone-

He needs a special colostomy appliance band that is ordered under prescription and the ones he could buy if it doesnt come in the mail are costly and not as good as the VA ones they recommend and prescribe-

I intervened for him and found out that his doctor was not even ordering them on the PC the right way and forgot to re- prescribe them-he would prescribe one appliance at a time-

I got in touch with the PT advocate and the director's office and they not only squared this away for him but called in the doctor and made him order additional ones for the vet in case this happened again.

The doctor had told the vet 3 times that he DID write the prescription order and the vet should have gotten the appliance band but the PT advocate told me the doc didn't do that-as the PC order info revealed.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

June 6th Update

It seems that when the VA lost my original prescription in the mail in November that when I bitched about it my prescriptions were put into some form of extra VA control and watching. So when my due date comes up it has to be released by some clown in Dallas so some processing place in TN can than send them.

The only solution is for my Doc to write new scripts instead of renewing so that I can be removed from the penalty box. I am close to going postal. My Doc does not understand, I don't understand or maybe I really do but I have an appointment in 10 days so hopefully I have enough time to cool off.

I am going to the Administrators Office this time and file a claim for damages. I have to see my heart doc today maybe he will give me a prescription? If he does I will fill it and my claim for damages will be for the 25 dollar copay to see the Doc and the cost of the meds that the VA failed to get me.

What good is Meds by Mail if you don't get them. Also the VA will not you walk in and get a refill.

Sorry for the rant but if this happens to me what about the Vets who are not in shape to fight?

Pete

AND,

They are billing my wife's insurance for anything that I do get.

We got a statement from the insurance folks the other day.

I'm approaching the 'lifetime limit' on the policy that the wife pays through the nose for.

It not only ain't free or even close to adequate, they are sending us the bill.

sledge