Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Do They Really Think We Are Stupid?

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I just received a decision on an appeal from 2003 from the Board of Appeals. I read it and couldn't believe what I was reading. It stated that I reported that I manage to do my activities of daily living very well, which is the biggest fabrication of the truth. Everything that I said or sent to them said the opposite even to the fact that I could not travel to my brother's funeral because of the problems that I was having with my back.

I am in the process of request the document that states that I said I am able to manage my activities of daily living very well, because that will be what I use in court.

How can they fabricate information like that and think we will not see what they are doing. Clearly this was done to help change the outcome of the decision. How can I manage the activities of my daily living when I have been taking oxtcodone 4 times a day and methadone 3 times a day and been diagnosed with depression in which I am taking medication for it.

These people never seems to amaze me. I know they will again because they are going to say that I did not appeal this decision in time. Eventhough, they mailed the decsion to an old address in March. When I appealed it was from the address I am presently living, so how did they manage to send it to an old address, you tell me!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You need to read the treatment notes. The doctors could be putting anything in there.

no crap

I recently requested copies of my records from the VAMC, I do this about every two months and I have every page (that was entered in a computer, I would like to have hand written notes, but don't think that's possible) ever written on me. After I receive them in the mail I three whole punch them and put them in a three ring binder and then review them. I was reviewing notes from one of my group therapies, and I got the biggest surprise, my diagnosis had been changed from depression to bipolar disorder and I had been labeled a alcoholic. This was entered on four different dates. The last Note from the last therapy session said I was a alcoholic in remission. I made copies of these took them to therapy, and when it was over I got the two social workers and I confronted them, I got lots of apologies............but you know what if they are that incompetent I am not going back. Since my disability has been raised I can afford the copay on my med insurance, civ health care all the way for me from now on! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, IN MY CASE I DIDNT PAY FOR VA HEALTH CARE AND I DIDNT GET MUCH.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I noticed that they go by their Doctor C&P and point out negative things that will deny your claim. I am Dealing with Winston-Salem VA.

I personally don't trust their office. they denied my claim last summer because they said I can work and went just on C&P exam. I have also noticed that when I go to primary Doctor they put down patient is not in pain but prescribing me pain medication not in my record. I have been waiting patiently since and my claim is suppose to be at the raters. I believe they are trying to find ways to deny or hope I give up. I had two new C&Ps since then and the Va wants their Doctors to make a decision on no c-file or whatever they send them. I want to say more about the corruption but I will leave it alone for now. They taught me a good lesson Watch you say GET your records and know the rules and your rights because they really think we are ignorant. Its sad that there is so much corruption to stop our deserving Veterans trying to get their benefits.

God Bless our Vets and Troops

Lady Chance

The VA will deny a claim any way they can.

When I was service connected for an undiagnosed condition I got lowballed at 20% for years. Now, with a different diagnoses but same disability, I'm 100% P&T.

Even a favorable C&P can be ignored. I had a psych C&P by an MD that said my depression was service connected and that I was unemployable. I also had a C&P for chronic fatigue by a NP that needed a MD signature that said my depression was not SC and that there was no change for an increase in my 20%. Guess which one they used. Depression claim denied.

VA councilors, private doctors, C&P doc all said unemployable and SC. One C&P by a Nurse Practitioner said no. Which one had the most wieght applied to it?

Are they or are they not deniing claims by any means they can?

When they finally do SC me for head trauma, my 20% became so severe they won't even pay me. Before I was just fine according to them. Now with the same symptoms, I'm so disabled that I'm not competent enough to handle my own money.

Hmmmm.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder

Time

In 1972 I was unemployable due to SC and I got just 10%. In 2002 I got 70% and IU for the same condition. Nothing had changed except I had a lot better documentation and I had Hadit. I was actually worse off in 1972 and I got a good kick in the teeth.

• HadIt.com Elder

JayBrown,

I really do not understand from your post and the VA's answer what is involved in your claim. The VA makes vague arguments just so people do not understand.

I would like to offer some assistance. However, I do not have a clue of the issues. If I knew more maybe I could help. Do you take these drugs for back pain or for depression. Are you service connected for both conditions. What is your rating and what rating are you seeking? It sounds like you are trying to get a higher rating.

The statement that you perform your daily activities could be just a statement to confuse the real issues. You are so busy trying to find what document said you function well that you do not focus on the other issues in the claim. My SO called this trick a "red herring". People who were being chased by blood hounds wound drag a bag of herring across their trail to throw the dogs off track. The VA uses made up irrelevant issues to get you off track.

If you want us to try and help either get the docket number to vike or post some more information about your issues. I am still only checking into hadit about once a week. I will be traveling until after the 4th of July.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

The VA uses made up irrelevant issues to get you off track.

Boy Howdy, when I had a meeting with the HMFIC in the Detroit VARO, one of my questions was how come I didnt receive a rating for chronic pain under 9422. The answer I got was because I was getting a % for depression and you can only have one mental condition. What I failed to realize at that time was I did not have a % for depression when they ignored the chronic pain claim. The depression claim and rating didnt come for a year later for the claim and a year and a half for the %. But I bought it hook line and sinker when they did it.................the day they did this a rep from my congressman's office was in the meeting, so they dont care who the lie to or in front of. I guess with their history of lying to congress it was nothing but another day to them. :huh:

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.