Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success Ssa (sort Of)

Rate this topic

Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

The SSA rep said today that the disability award letter was now in my electronic record, and I should be getting a copy in the mail. The letter was dated 6 June 07. The award is for full disability. The effective date is as I understand it, a year later (Jan 07) instead of for Jan 06. So, I still have something to fight about. I can argue that the award should be effective at the earlier date, or even a date between the two (Aug 06) based upon medical records already submitted, along with the VA's compensation award in Dec 05. Had the VA not been so slow, SSA "might have given/considered" more weight on the VA part of the whole thing.

The difference in the SSA monthly payment is about $428 between "early SSA based upon age (62) and based upon full disability. Seems the full disability changes the amount to the full retirement age amount as if I had retired at 66 1/2.

(Not to mention the tax benefits due to the disability)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what you stated -you could request reconsideration of the EED.

We did that but a different way- Rods SSA was for CVA.

We asked how his PTSD had been consider and they said they didn't consider that disability at all. I found SSA regs which say they have to consider ALL disabilties.

SSA tried to talk us out of asking for a reconsideration.

We asked a SSA lawyer to suport it.

We had no problem getting the initial CVA award ourselves with the med evidence.

But the lawyer would not help us.

3 months later I called him and told him he just lost over 4 ,000 as 20 % or whatever fee-and that the PTSD award was granted from SSA back to 1991.

He was shocked and said he better learn more about PTSD.

VA however took many more years to award 100% for PTSD to Rod- who had been dead for three already.

I say if the med evidence supports EED go for it.

• 1 month later...