Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Tested Me With Out Telling Me..

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I requested a copy of my VA records and discovered that the VA did a drug / alcohol test with my urine sample. When they asked for the sample saying it was just for routine tests. I guess I should have asked more probing questions.

I have just started using the VA Med center and MH section for depression, they all always ask me if I do drug or alcohol now or in the past. I keep telling them NO, and it isn't compatable with my MEDs. Anyway the test results were negative.

I guess if they catch a Vet in a lie they will take anything else you say with a gain of salt.

Joe

I requested a copy of my VA records and discovered that the VA did a drug / alcohol test with my urine sample. When they asked for the sample saying it was just for routine tests. I guess I should have asked more probing questions.

I have just started using the VA Med center and MH section for depression, they all always ask me if I do drug or alcohol now or in the past. I keep telling them NO, and it isn't compatable with my MEDs. Anyway the test results were negative.

I guess if they catch a Vet in a lie they will take anything else you say with a gain of salt.

Joe

Not to add any more fuel to the fire however this does not surprise me. I recently retired from the Army after 29.5 years and countless (Command directed) unit drug tests. This never bothered me until I was undergoing my retirement physical. When the request for lab work was transmitted from my my unit's Army doctor (not a commander) to the USN clinic where the work was performed it included a request for drug testing. I did not discover this until I went to the clinic to get my results; I was quite miffed when I noticed the NEG for drugs/alcohol. I do not know if this was oversight on the Doc's part (or the USN clinic) or something that is required by DOD for separating personnel. Now I know to expect the

same from the VA.