Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Tested Me With Out Telling Me..

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I requested a copy of my VA records and discovered that the VA did a drug / alcohol test with my urine sample. When they asked for the sample saying it was just for routine tests. I guess I should have asked more probing questions.

I have just started using the VA Med center and MH section for depression, they all always ask me if I do drug or alcohol now or in the past. I keep telling them NO, and it isn't compatable with my MEDs. Anyway the test results were negative.

I guess if they catch a Vet in a lie they will take anything else you say with a gain of salt.

Joe

They also tested me for alcohol!! Which last time I checked is still legal.

Joe

I asked why they did this actually. I was told that it was to ensure that the pain meds perscribed were actually being taken. They are afraid that the patient is also combining self meds like pot and stuff with the perscibed meds.... and since they are assuming care they have the legal right to do it... so you can either A. accept the tests, or B. not accept the treatment and meds... its kinda up to you.

Its NOT personal, they do it to everybody who is onpain meds or other prosribed items.

Yesterday was the first day i read any of your posts. Last night when i got home and put the TV on guess what movie was just starting.

In a couple other posts i mentioned that a law firm that is representing me is looking into a class action suit. i've also spoken with a pro vet newspaper journalist who told me that no vet has ever mentioned this to him. IMHO there in lies the problem. No one is outraged enough to make it matter and evoke change. If everyone in this forum called the newspaper journalist i've been speaking with maybe attention would lead to a change of policy and action.

Again, i've mentioned this class action suit in a number of other posts and only BETRAYED has inquired in severala emails to me about the details.

What if change was possible and we, those of us who served, got treated fairly and in a timely fashion? What if we organized and had a united voice?

Isn't anyone else outraged that they, the VA gets away with this kinda crap that might otherwise be seen as unconstitional? And all we do is ask each other if they do it to us.

There will not be a class action suit if the firm doesn't find others who are pissed that this crap goes on???

My first post was about the Narcotics Contract. It was suggested by the journalist and the firm to see how many others were effected by it and unhappy with it. Was anyone besides BETRAYED upset about this practice?

Sometimes i think that we all become a little too apathetic to evoke change...we never get to that point where we say "enough is enough" ( Part of a closing arguement in an episode of Boston Legal when Alan Shore was questioning when the American people where going to show the government that they were sick and tired of politics as usual and say: "we're not going to take it anymore" ) The show may be fictional but the message was right on and profound IMO.

Now that the show may be interested in my case i'm wondering if i shouldn't take the money from the show because i'm not sure that there is enough energy behind the attack on the craziness of the system.

My first rant of the day.

Wolf

• HadIt.com Elder

Wolf:

I am not big on emails I like posting on the Board. If you have something you want discussed please post it. If your issue is to sensitive to post I really don't have a good answer for you.

Good Luck

• In Memoriam

I don't drink or use drugs. The only meds I take are given to me by the VA. I only take them in a prescribed manner. VA has tested my urine many times. It really doesn't matter to me, but urine has value.

I have seen people selling urine, to people, for drug testing purposes. It cost addicts $10.00 for a balloon of nice clean urine, in California.

I have also been told that if I urinate around my garden it will keep the deers from getting in it. I don't know how true this is, but I am going to try it. Deers have eaten half of our corn before it got a foot high. I saw four deers out there chowing down on our garden. If I liked deer meat then deers coming within 70 feet of my front porch wouldn't be a problem.

I think that this is a VA problem, driven by big Pharma, as a liability issue against drug interactions in the past and at present. The sad part of it is that numerous prescription drug interactions, prescribed by the VA, have no similar testing.

Lack of consent has always been at problem with the DoD and the VA.

Who in the world would consent to being exposed to:

• AO
  • Sarin
  • VX
  • Tabun
  • Soman
  • Depleted Uranium
  • Radio-Activity
  • Jet Fuels
  • Diesel fuel
  • NSFO (ship fuels)
  • Smoke Abatement (poison Jet fuel additive)
  • Solvents
  • Asbestos
  • and many other toxins

Stretch,

Your post is one of the most relevant, correct and yet shocking posts I have read on Hadit!.

You are 100% correct the VA does needs to look at their prescrip med interactions and all the stuff we were exposed to while on AD that we just took as SOP.

Right on topic.

Joe

Its my belief that they only have the right to do these drug test on you if you have signed a narcotics agreement/contract. Never the less the VA will never get another urine sample from me, from now on I will say I just went, sorry.........................

I base my above statement on the fact that the ER Doctor who ordered my drug screen behind my back thought I had signed a narc contract per his progress notes that I got a copy of.