Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Service Connected Ptsd

Rate this topic

Guest Ginger

• HadIt.com Elder

Ginger

Go ahead and get the other letter that you mentioned. There is no such thing as havong to much ammunition, when fighting the VA.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

congratulations it sure is good to see a success story for one of our veterans. and a great personal victory for you dealing with a spouse with ptsd and the va can drive some over the edge ;)

1. get the buddy letter, it couldn't hurt

2. permanent will probably come after the initial review if no improvement and everything has stayed about the same or god forbid worsened. however, you can go ahead and request it i guess the worst that could happen as they could turn you down

3. keep your veteran going to his appoinments mental and medical, this is very important for the veterans health and will show consistent treatment in his files if it needs to be reviewed.

4. keep your eye open for a bit of depression for you and/or your veteran after the initial win you may feel a bit of a let down it's normal and it will pass

5. remember a 100% ptsd veteran has issues and a therapist combined with a pyschatrist is the best way imho for the veteran to learn to manage his/her symptoms and have a fuller life. i really am very happy for you and wish you both nothing but the best

Frosty-do you get SSA benefits for PTSD?

If you dont receive SSA benefits, this award letter would help an SSA claim too.

Yes, I get SSDI for PTSD, AND THEY HAVE THE AWAD LETTER, BUT CHOSE TO IGORE.

• 4 weeks later...
Frosty-do you get SSA benefits for PTSD?

If you don't receive SSA benefits, this award letter would help an SSA claim too.

Hi, new here as of this morning. After reading your quoted comments I have a question, if I may ask. How much of the individuals overall rating be for PTSD before one qualifies for SSA (that is Social Security Admin I pre-suppose).

I am rated 100% permanent total with 150% of awarded disabilities of which 30% is for PTSD (as of Jan-2005). I filed for Social Security Disability Retirement back in the mid part of the year (about May or June) and my claim was rejected. I'm told this is normal. I suspect that before I refile I need to educate myself much better than I was then and now.

I've been reading a lot of what you all have been saying around here on various subjects and I'll keep looking and hopefully will become a bit more self-educated before I refile for my claim with the SSA. Naturally if anyone has any specific information I could use I'd certainly appreciate you sharing it with me or point in the direction I need to go.

If it is of any consequence I'm 55 and served in the Nam 1970-71 in the U.S. Army. I suffer from severe diabetes related to Agent Orange poisoning. If you need additional info just ask.

Ron you should get it. You may need to get a lawyer to help.

Thanks Pete, that's what my sister told me that I'd probably need to do also. She says that the lawyer usually gets the back award money and I'd get the monthly award after that. Does that sound about right?