Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

So I Went To See My So Today...

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I had received a SOC which addressed some of my issues and got a partial grant on appeal based on my NOD.

Since, the SOC didn’t address the other issues, I decided to see my SO Rep (because they almost never return phone calls) whose office is in the same building as the VARO. I showed the SO some discrepancies and he looked on the PC and all of my issues did not have a disposition status code. So he decided to try and get my folder from the VARO. He leaves and comes back and say’s my folder is between appeals and awards. He stated that he could not locate my folder and could not press the VARO person who is suppose to have my folder because they were busy and then he explained to me that they (VARO) pay the rent and the SO has to walk on thin ice.

So, here I am waiting for my “award letter” and it’s been almost a month since my SOC and even when I go in person to see my SO I can’t get an accurate status of my issues so I can do a Form 9, or request reconsideration and try and keep my case at the local level!

Is this a great system or what?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Instead of going to the VARO to see your pussyfooting SO I would go and ask to see a VA Counselor to review the file. Than point out the discrepancies to the VA employee and see what they have to say.

Your SO is not on your side at all. I would dump him if you can find someone else to represent you.

Sorry those are my opinions but his attitude is that he feels like he works for the VA and not you nore the Organization who are paying him.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh yeah, it's a lovely system.

I had an SO, he worked for the Texas Veterans Commission (they represent a whole bunch of Veteran Service Organizations).

So, he gets promoted/reassigned/whatever. Never heard a word about it. POOOF....my SO disappears....I can't get ahold of him....he doesn't answer my calls....doesn't respond to my FAX's, nuttin.

So, I'm in the VAMC in Dallas and I notice that they have an office for the Texas Veterans Commission. I walk in and introduce myself to this guy, tell him I'm having trouble getting hold of this guy that is supposed to be my SO. He tells me about this dude's promotion/reassignment/whatever. So, I ask THIS guy if he will be my SO. He says he will, I tell him about my claim, he promises to help, etc.

Now I can't get HIM to talk to me, answer any FAX's, respond to any messages I leave, NUTTIN.

Alex helped me out when my claim went to the BVA, got me SC'd. But Alex isn't a local SO and I can't bring myself to bother him about piddly stuff, and besides, he's in Washington.

I've filed another claim since my original one that Alex helped me with and I need some represention. Or, maybe I don't. I just wish I had someone to actually TALK with about this stuff.

Anybody got any idea what I should do?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Next time you are at the Dallas VARO drop in and tell them that you need a better SO and see what happens. If it is not a difficult issue handle it your self. Hadit has plenty of resources.

No matter what an SO tells you you really owe it to yourself to check it out. If you confirm the opinion that is good if not remember that the claim is the Veterans and the SO will not take one lick of responsibility for loosing the claim.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Pete.

That's about the way I had it figured, also.

I filed all my claims, by myself, so why can't I just keep on, keeping on.

After all, I've got all this paperwork from me to them and them to me, all organized and in binders and I can read a calendar and file NOD's, etc., all day long if necessary.

And, like you say.........THIS IS MY CLAIM, right?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

He stated that he could not locate my folder and could not press the VARO person who is suppose to have my folder because they were busy and then he explained to me that they (VARO) pay the rent and the SO has to walk on thin ice.

Time to fire the So and find another.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

but his attitude is that he feels like he works for the VA and not you nore the Organization who are paying him.

The VA is paying his organization and thus his paycheck, need I say more?

secondly you get what you pay for, did you pay this SO or his organization, NO ! and you got what you payed for, sorry for being blunt but the truth is the truth

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.