Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Issue

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Back in 1984 Veterans of Vietnam were compensated from the chemical companies who supplied agent orange. Most Vets did not know of their illness till much later in life. Does anyone know if there is another lawsuit with these companies to compensate the Vets that did not recieve anything? Does anyone know of a website that we can read about this or find out about this? My sister-in-law said she read something about a lawsuit but did not understand it and also did not save the article. She is not to good on the computer and did not think of saving it.

JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

no updates in quite a while-

I forgot and Don you reminded me- I re-did the application because I have the two IMOs from Dr. Bash SCing my husband's death to AO-

I might not have applied before although Smoger told me too- because I was waiting for VA decision-

first and that was before I got the IMOs from a real doctor.

Thanks for reminding all of this lawsuit-

BTW at 6:30 EST at the Stardust Radio on line SVR Veterans radio/internet podcast-I will be guest speaker covering the latest news on the Blue Water Agent Orange court situation (Haas decision)

Stardust Radio- dedicated to the men and women (and their families)who serve now and who have served in the past-Fully accessible on your PC-it takes seconds to dwld the plug in- and also toll free number for call ins-

1-877-213-4329

My sister-in-law and I both tried to email and it was rejected,I am going to try and call him today. Is this also covering DII or is this just for cancer?

my brother has several lung problems that his primary doctor did not tell him about, but did write in down on the medical papers, as of yet he has not been diagnoised with cancer, but he is having several problems with his upper respitory, He will be going to a pulmanry doctor soon, since we read the medical reports that explains why he is having breathing problems. and John Has some breathing problems which we will be bring up to his doctor at the VA Clinc in two weeks, he does have a lot of problems with broncitis and always needs air.

JohnM's wife Dianne

Thanks for the info, we will be getting in touch with them today

Gerson Smoger was here in New York on June 18th arguing the veterans AO matter at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals-

He was heard in the AM and stayed for the argument of Nquyen Van Quy-

a Vietnamese national who is suffering along with his family from severe disabilties they attribute to AO dumped on Vietnam.

I have no update on all that yet-

I have posted the situation of Mr. Quy here before at hadit-and I feel this separate case will have impact on all AO vets- only regarding whether Mr. Quy or other Vuetnamese can provide medical evidence from Vietnam (not a VA C & P doc) that their disabilties are due to AO-

in my opinion- I would hope in our lifetimes that other disabilties will be added to the AO presumtive list-it only makes sense that if the Vietnamese medical community can provide strong rational-since out medical community on this issue is dependent on the VA doctors and their experts-

that bonafide medical evidence- whether from Vietnam or the USA could begin the process of adding numerous other conditions to our VA presumptive list.

Unfortunately many Vietnam vets but not all still view the Vietnamese as our enemy-

some of those vets are in high positions in our gov-

the war is over and it is time to start considering the medical situation of Vietnam as to their citizens long term disabilties which My. Quy's lawsuit hopes to prove,with medical rational for the nexus of Agent Orange to thousands of disabled Vietnamese- veteran and civilians alike-

BTW-all presumptives are included in this Smoger suit-

• HadIt.com Elder

The US government's real fear is of a huge liability for the Vietnamese civilians we poisoned with AO. It was not enemy we dumped AO on but farmers, old men, women and kids in S. Vietnam.

Yeah it contaminated the waterways too and the wells-

in this respect when tankers were filled by the US military for water for bathing etc-if you were lucky enough to even get a shower-and for the washing machines (converted from grass mower engines-ot whatever if you men and women even got to wash your clothes) hopefully all the MASH water was sterilized-

the contaminantation was surely to everyone exposed- American men and women in the military and the Vietnamese-

they sprayed the dense jungles but the enemy was often in the miles of tunned- anyhow- those tunnels had been built when the French were fighting over Vietnam- during the war they had arms rooms, bathrooms, cooking facilities - everything they needed (unlike the caves and tunnels on Surabachi during WWII)

The CCR )Center for Constitutional Rights) is monitoring this lawsuit. They recently stated that these AO cases "are being heard in the context of the current war in Iraq and questions about the use of white phosphorus, depleded uranium,and other chemical agents."

This is why I am so gung ho on the Blue Water AO issue and spend much of my time on that -off of hadit----

it is the same premise- and any victory for any vet with any chemical or herbecide, etc. sarin, radiation, etc etc exposure causing disability-

deserves acknowledgement and compensation for it from the USA (VA).

As you all know better then me-I am a civilian- the Hague Convention pronhibited the use of any weapons that cause unnecessary suffering.

AO was a defiance of the Hague prohibition of 1907 and was re-enf0rced twice by the Geneva convention.