Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confession

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When I go to the VA for appointments to my primary doctor there is a notation regarding if I was alone or accompanied. There is also a note made regarding if I was able to get about on my own.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When a Er person asks you how you got there they are fishing for information. If you leave with a drug in your system and cannot drive, it is ther heads on the chopping block. They have asked me at the ER, but for regular appts, it never has happened.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,

So glad to read that you got help with your meds. I too have a problem with my meds, forgetting to take them on time, etc. I FINALLY got a pill box.... 7 day Morn/Noon/Eve/Night container and it kinda helps.... although I still feel like I need my alarm clock to ring when it's time to take meds...

Have you ever heard of "My Health Appliance" or "Med Buddy" ???

I was told about this from a Vet Friend... and figured I'd mention it here just in case noone knew about it. It's a free device from the VA, print off the page at the following website and bring it to your next doc appt.... ask about it.

https://www.healthhero.com/products_services/health_buddy2.html

Glad your nurse was nice, and your meds are squared away now.

~Robin

• HadIt.com Elder

Robin:

Thanks I am using a 4 a day pill box for one week or 7 days. One of my kids is supposed to help me fill it once a week but so far I have done it twice.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I will be darned. I had a psych appointment the other day and the doc did ask if I had come alone. That was the first time I actually noticed them asking the question.

Tim

Vet and proud of it