Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My First Primary Care Visit In 2 Yrs

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When i mentioned trying to put in a claim for service connection for these problems, the advice I got from Hadit members was not to be "greedy" because I already had 100% due to IU. Some even suggested that my claim would clog the system for more deserving vets.

Liz,

With 20 years of service to your country. I think that you are most deserving. I don't think they can take away from you on the mental issue, as you just stated you pump yourself full of Valium just to see your doctor.

Strange isn't it, I have to do the same thing. That is while I hesitate to keep pushing my own claim. I have about had enough of a Personality Disorder that does not exist.

We both may have a personality disorder brought on by our own mental illness and not one that stands alone.

I would never hesitate to file for increased benefits, because that I felt that I was clogging the system and you certainly are not being greedy.

If you can go for it. I see several on the board with more than 100% and they keep fighting. If you can , do the same.

Always,

Josephine

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Liz:

Sorry for not responding to your post earlier. For the last week I have had to jump through and unfortunately we have some posters who like to stir the pot.

I have not been able to address your back problems cause I know almost nothing about that kind of claim but I think anyone who feels that they have a claim should pursue it. The VA has never come to me and offered to help but I am still waiting.

If I see anyone dishing a Veteran for filing a claim it annoys me.

I suggest that you give us another chance and by the way I read Josephine as being supportive of you in every sense of the word.

I do have a suggestion and that is if you have normal or low blood pressure ask them to use a smaller cuff and set the reading for under 150. They try to save time by setting over 200 cause they have a lot of old veterans like me who sometimes have high blood pressure.

Good Luck in your claim and I wish you the best.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Liz, I also apologize for not posting sooner.

The little white thingee on the finger is an 02 saturation, It measures oxygen in the blood.

ALso the reason the Blood pressure cuff was pinching your arm is most likely your BP was very high and the machine had to really pump hard to get a correct reading..

Make sure you control this for HBP left untreated can be a killer.

Anyway, We are here for you. You can post or PM at any time if you need assistance.

John

Edited by jbasser

Liz,

I know it is possible to get more than the 100% rating, but I've never researched it. Like you, my husband had the 100% TDIU and probably could try to claim for many more problems. I suggested it to him, but he's afraid to "stir the pot!" He's afraid to lose what he has already. I guess it's possible, but who knows. He hates to go for treatment at the VA and even walking into the building is almost too much for him. But, I think if you are up to the fight, you go for it! I think you should include everything that bothers you and gives you pain. Sure wouldn't hurt to have it on record, of course that's just my opinion.

So many others here know many of the ends and outs...I just like to jump in to add my support. It has been several years now that I fought for my husband to get his VA benefits. (He couldn't do it for himself.) Trust these people, they sure helped us!

And I'm always here to be your friend!

Hugs,

Gwen

That sounds like my first visit I had with my primary care doctor. I came in and she told me I had gained weight and suggested I start jogging. Well, I have a bad back, bad knees, chronic bursitis in my right hip, and my right ankle does not bend as well as my left one. I looked at the doctor and told her I would just weight in the hallway while she reviewed my medical records. It was at that point when the blank stare left her face. She read the records and apologized and told me to try to walk a couple miles per day.

On my latest visit, I walked in and told her my shoulder was hurting more as was my right knee. Two weeks later I had an appointment for physical therapy.

Sometimes, you just have to wake them up. LOL

By the way, I think you should continue to put in claims. What if they decide that something has gotten better? I see it as a form of compensation protection.

Edited by huskerfanfl