VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Initially Approved But Now At Quality Review Board?

Rate this question

Nathan104

Question

I talked to the lady who had been working my initial claim for SSD and she told me a decision had been made. She told me that my claim was approved and I had an effective dat of Nov 05, but it had been picked up by the Quality Review board. It has been with this review board for going on 3 weeks now. She tol me that a certain percentage of cases get picked up for the review board and mine was just one of the picks.

My question is, if my claim was processed and initially approved, what are the chances of that being overturned and it denied? Is it common for this to happen with this review board thing? Im also worried about them changing the effective date as the Nov 05 is the earliest possible date I could have received and is actually 6 months before I even applied for SSD.

Im just paranoid since it is taking so long. Anyone have any experience or heard anything about the review board situation? Thanks.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Nathan-this is absolutely wonderful news-

Is the SSA involving your SC conditions?

Do you have a TDIU claim filed? This award from SSA could help that greatly-if same disabilities as the TDIU claim is for.

• HadIt.com Elder

The SSA award letter should follow in short order. If it does not, you can call or go to the local SSA office and request a copy of the letter. This gives you something to compare against the amount you received by check. Obviously, the QRB was completed favorably.

Well, I guess my case made it through the QRB pretty quick as I got a big honkin check in the mail today! Which is wierd because I called earlier this week and they said it could take another 60 days in the QRB. Havent gotten any letter or anything but the check says its for soc sec. Its only my benefits though so Im guessing Ill have to send in additional information to get the back pay for the dependents. Im very happy this went through.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nathan:

If you are 50% for VA and have been awarded SSD you need to get the VA kicked up. You have to request they don't volunteer.

Congrats that is a big first step. It will alos get you Medicare after 2 year waiting period which gives you other options.