Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yellow Envelope

Rate this topic

Ricky

Thanks for the great words. I will be around as long as Hadit will have me.

Berta - The CRDP is automatic. It will happen when DFAS receives the VA notification. However, they, DFAS are about 18 months behind on processing any back pay. I work so I guess that is why no auto consideration for TDIU.

Jay - these issues were claimed in August and September 2005 so it took 2 years.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick

Since you are also a Retired Military I recommend to you to do a little research on CRSC. It could plus up your compensation. I am 80% P&T and 70% CRSC. I have recently applied for TDIU.

I was at Restone Arsenal as a student for a Missile System. Missile Electronics kicked my ass! But I made it through the graduation in 1995.

Edited by chongo

Two issues granted one denied. Will post about it later when I climb down from the wall. I appreciate the two approved ones but the denied one is one of the most stupid decisions I have seen out of my RO todate. Total rating went from 50 to 80 percent.

As such I THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. You guys have been the greatest and most supportive group of individiuals that I have ever known in my 52 years of life. It is guys and gals like you that make being a veteran mean something. So once again from me and my entire family THANK YOU A MILLION.

PS No reto due to being retired military but since I get CRDP I will get a few extra bucks starting next month.

Began with 10 percent after retirement in 2000 still have two appeals peding.

Ricky

Ricky

I am retired also you will get some retro not as much as everybody else would. Please read this article and if you have any questions email me. As long as you have 20 years service

V/R

Jim

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,113587,00.html

Thanks Jim - I understand that I should receive the backpay to cover the CRDP that should not have been withheld. However, I am unsure just when DFAS will get around to it. They still have not paid all of those that are due backpay (mostly due from VA)from the first group of veterans. I can not for the life of me understand why they have not fixed the system as of yet. they have the first group and when they get through with them they will have another couple of hundred thousand to figure out simply due to their inability to fix the system. My recommendation is that VA is fully aware of the CRDP amounts due so why do they continue to withhold all payment of benefits? They should simply withhold all but the required CRDP amount that way there would be no need for back pay.

Thanks Jim - I understand that I should receive the backpay to cover the CRDP that should not have been withheld. However, I am unsure just when DFAS will get around to it. They still have not paid all of those that are due backpay (mostly due from VA)from the first group of veterans. I can not for the life of me understand why they have not fixed the system as of yet. they have the first group and when they get through with them they will have another couple of hundred thousand to figure out simply due to their inability to fix the system. My recommendation is that VA is fully aware of the CRDP amounts due so why do they continue to withhold all payment of benefits? They should simply withhold all but the required CRDP amount that way there would be no need for back pay.

Ricky

After I read your post I got on the phone and called the number posted in the article. I have been serviced connected since Sept 05 with a date of filing of August 04. I was told all vets will be done by November 07. But remember when the first started the program they said all vets would be done in 6 months. Think of it this way we might get a good xmass

Jim