VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Process Question

Rate this question

johnc515

Question

I submiited my claim in mid March and today I called the 1-800 number for status and was told my claim went to the rating board on Aug 16th. How long does the rating process take ? will they make a rating or will they decide if I need a C&P exam for the rating?

Thanks,

John

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just from my experience, I have been told to expect an answer in 4 - 6 months.

Good Luck and hope that this helps you some.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

It all depends on fast they work on it. My Nephews was at the rating board since March and just got his letter a week ago. My Brother was was told by his VA Rep that they gave him 100% the 1st of June and he is still waiting for his letter and check. they keep saying its waiting for autherization, found out it was sitting on an empty desk. We are hoping now that he should get both with in one week. Oh His was at the rating board since March also. All I can say is sit and wait, I know it cause more stress waiting, They do not seem to care about that.

JohnM's Wife Dianne

John the rater that your file/claim is assigned to may determine that you need a C/P exam. It is hard to speak of a time line as all of the RO's are different. Just hang on and it will come.

I was told my claim was forwarded for rating on or about 31 July 2007.The claim was rated within the next 13 days (per "800" number).My case might be an anomaly since the 30th of August marks the anniversary date of submittal.I was told my claim was forwarded for rating on or about 31 July 2007.The claim was rated within the next 13 days (per "800" number).My case might be an anomaly since the 30th of August marks the anniversary date of submittal.