Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Wants Tro Move To Mexico 100%sc +smc

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetungs,

The vet I have been helping has made up his made up his mind to move to mexico. He's 71 and is 100% sc with SMC. His brother lives there and says life is cheap and has a place for him. The question is how will the RO see this? and what if they ever require an exam from him?

Can he get his direct deposit changed to a mexican bank? Thank you for your help in this matter. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can still drive to Mexico without a Passport but he would have to have one to come back in 2008. He should go ahead and get the Passport.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Uhaul is pretty cheap or he could do like they do drive to Texas get out and run like hell across the border - nah just kidding. He should not have any problem. However, I would never put my money in a foreign bank. Use a US bank, one close to the border. His check card will be accepted at any foreign ATM and about 90 percent of the business folk in Mexico accept Visa (check cards). With fambly there he should be able to live like a king on the generous amount of funds provided by the Veterans Administration. Tell him to look out though - if Bush or the communist duo, Dole/Shaalaaaaaaa get their way no telling what may happen. Knowing them they will try to make this stoppage of VA funds at age 65 retroactive all the way back to the civil war with a clause that if the vet has passed his estate which has been passed down thru the generations will be responsible for the back payment hahahahahaha.

PS tell him good luck. I am truly sorry that he feels he has to leave such a wonderful country that he fought for without any second thoughts. Tell him it is not the country - its these damn bathroom sexual hound dogs and drunk driving lady killers that call themselves the elite class. I pray every night that somehow, someway about 98 percent of them will be removed from office so we can start all over again. That is the only way this country is going to be fixed!!!!! The founding fathers of this great nation turn in their graves nightly due to the antics of these drunken, cheating, criminal self proclaim elites who have taken their place. One of these days when the muslims are raping their wives and grandchildren or the mexican criminals they have allowed to come into this country begin killing their loved ones they will come to their senses and see what they, yes THEY have done to this great nation.

Edited by Ricky

• HadIt.com Elder

The whole question of moving out of the USA to a cheaper country is making more sense to me all the time. I admit it would be a big step and nothing to do without much thought and research. I have relatives in Ireland but that is not cheaper than the USA and it is cold. I think many retirees see going to Costa Rica or some place like that as a living the high life with maids and cooks while in the midst of poverty. I don't like that idea. I don't want to live behind a steel gate surrounded by desparate poor just so someone else can clean up after me.

Greetings,

The vet told me me his brother has a very nice place there in central mexico along the coast. 4 bedroom 3800sf with seperate maid quarters with a gated entrance and paid $252,000.00 for it I saw pictures of it it is a buetiful home with a outdoor pool in the center of the home all tile and granit and marble it blew me away.

He said the major airport is less the 30 min. He would live less then 10 min to a modern medical center and a varity of places to go eat and go to church.

He said his brother told him he can purchase mexican health insurance for $300.00 per year. I informed him we need to find out how his VA medical benefits will work there.

He has his bank accounts with bank of America in San Diego aleday set up with direct depisit and they are sending him his bank cards today. He hired a lawyer to sell his home here. He paid a service in mexico $500.00 and they take care of all necessary paperwork and legal issues in regards to mexico and they handle everything to updating his papers yearly.

It sounds like a good move for him and for anyone who wants a nice home for about 1/4 what you would pay in the states. God bless him. Thank you all.

Bound4Heaven