VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Cola Rate For 2008

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

JJ I agree it's sure cheap nowdays to buy stuff. Gee 3 bucks gas now, glad energy prices went down (ha ha). Price of heating going up (Gas), Food is 10=15 percent higher on most items. Or More.

I figure about 230 bucks raise (most from CRDP Phase in Increase).

They must use VA Math to figure out the Cost of Living Raises.

DM

• HadIt.com Elder

I give m cyself a cola every year by cutting some thing. Thru a combination of events I ended up with about a 2300 cola last year.

Guest terrysturgis

Kinda like Pete, I cancelled the cell phones. A $1,500.00 raise. If you need me call me at home. I'm always here. Take care. Terry Sturgis

• Founder

Veterans’ COLA bill sent to Bush

By Rick Maze - Staff writer

Posted : Friday Oct 19, 2007 15:13:45 EDT A bill ordering a 2.3 percent cost-of-living adjustment in veterans’ benefits passed in Congress late Thursday and was sent to the White House for President Bush’s signature.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/10/mili...nscola_071019w/

• HadIt.com Elder

To bad the spineless Congress could not have just made there own COLA like that would reflect real world costs like energy, housing and an accurate accounting for the real costs of living?

Core inflation is where the volitile items are excluded. Food and Gasoline are a part of the CPI-W calculation which determines our COLA.

Here is a link showing all categories used for the CPI-W numbers :

www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.t04.htm

Seems like everything I'm buying has seemed to have gone up a lot more than 2.3%.