Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long To Process Depression Claim

Rate this topic

Maurice

• HadIt.com Elder

It will probably be a low ball or denial unless you filed within one year of discharge or have SMR's that show treatment or diagnosis of depression in service. You will still probably get a low ball. That is how the process usually starts with the VA hoping you will take the low ball rating and quit. I got my rating usually within 3 months of the C&P exam and I have had many c&p exams over the years. Really, you just have to wait it out and then start the increase battle with the stuff in your statement of the case as a guide to what the VA wants to get a higher rating. Stick around and stay in the battle.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my most recent C&P on 8/14/07 and I received the award last week and it was a fair rating to include TDIU.

Alot depends on the RO that you are working with but I have never had any long delays with the Little Rock AR office.

Good Luck B)

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

USARMY

That is blazing speed for the VA. Your claim must have really been strong and the wind must have been at your back.

John

Yes. I had a solid case and the C&P examiners tied everything together pretty good.

I guess I am fortunate in dealing with the Little Rock office. I have had 5 claims total since 1991 and I have never waited longer than 10 mos for a decision. I have only had to NOD one of those as 4 of the 5 were what my records reflected.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder
I had a C&P for Depression on Sept 28,2007 at the VA. How long it it take to process the claim?

Maurice; welcome, as you can see the time period varies according to data, caseload,etc. If I had correct diagnosis from Dr, (VA or IMO) and a valid C&P probably would have taken about 4 months to process, my guess. But I didnt my original C&P was an experience, I didnt have a strong and clear MH issue diagnosis, so my recent rating for MDD rating took about nearly 2 years all in all, first denial, then rebuttal with more detailed information to send in; that worked, took whole time of near 24 months. Good news; on seperate issue, muskoskeletal claim, C&P and rating all done within 9 months!

Best of luck, cg