Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pn Lower Extremity.

Rate this question

Conecuh

Question

What percentage is possable for PN of lower extremities? Can you only get 10% per leg, foot.

Does percentage only rely on medical evidence?

Thanks for your help.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What percentage is possable for PN of lower extremities? Can you only get 10% per leg, foot.

Does percentage only rely on medical evidence?

Thanks for your help.

Update on Doctors visit.

My blood pressure was high. He had already put me on medication for HBP and explained it was preventative. I do not have a claim filed for HBP. I understand you need to have 3 readings of HBP on records. He upped my HBP medication. Being medicated by VA for HBP and having the dosage increased, would that be sufficient evidence to file for HBP? Would that not also be evidence/ indication of "worsening condition"? Would that then be considered "new material evidence?

About my complaint of them only rating me for one leg with PN. I ask the doctor to look in the computer and they do now have me rated at 10% for both lower extremities. So I have my 40% for one condition. He said the other leg had been added in at a later date. Evidence of worsening condition?

I had emailed the VA explaining the apparent error in not having the other lower extremity included. They did not reply. My compensation has not increased. But it is on my record, a copy of which I acquired. referred to as; Paralysis of Sciatic Nerve 10% - Service Connected

Thanks to this Forum and Vike17 I found this; Sciatic nerve.

8520 Paralysis of:

Complete; the foot dangles and drops, no active movement possible of muscles below the knee,

flexion of knee weakened or (very rarely) lost ..........80%

Incomplete:

Severe, with marked muscular atrophy ...................60%

Moderately severe ..................................................40%

Moderate ..............................................................20%

Mild ......................................................................10%

Well folks, it is not MILD! I can't work because of it. It is either Moderate or Moderately severe . But even if just moderate would give me 60% one condition, 70% total.

I know my Paralysis of Sciatic Nerve is worse than 10%. But how can I prove that with evidence?