Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pn Lower Extremity.

Rate this question

Conecuh

Question

What percentage is possable for PN of lower extremities? Can you only get 10% per leg, foot.

Does percentage only rely on medical evidence?

Thanks for your help.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Twenty-seven fire ant bits? I had 31 on one foot & my wife had to ask me what were all these red spots. I know how it feels, or maybe how it doesn't feel.

Don

Twenty-seven fire ant bits? I had 31 on one foot & my wife had to ask me what were all these red spots. I know how it feels, or maybe how it doesn't feel.

Don

OK, you win on count, but these were Alabama fire ants! They had hate in their eyes.

I was a weldor and am said to say I know the smell of Hair, paper, cloth or skin burning. I was on my riding mower, up next to my leyland cypres trees when I knocked the fire off my cig. On a nice day, in my own yard, now why would I smell skin burning!

Did not know until I found the large blister taking a shower. Well, I was taking the shower. B)

Conecuh,

I am sc DMII and after annual exam last October, filed for PN. My PCP wrote that sensory foot exam was abnormal, and previous C&P exam mentioned mild PN in great toe of both feet. Had a C&P 2/07 . Results were sc for PN rt lower extremity @ 30% and same for lower extremity, all based on the C&P exam. Besides lack of feeling during the exam, I also was not able to feel the tuning fork vibrate when put against my ankle bone.

The rating decision refers to the early diabetic neuropathy bilateral feet that was included with the basic evaluation of DMII but that these conditions had progressed to seperate diability that was compensable.

Ed

Conecuh,

I am sc DMII and after annual exam last October, filed for PN. My PCP wrote that sensory foot exam was abnormal, and previous C&P exam mentioned mild PN in great toe of both feet. Had a C&P 2/07 . Results were sc for PN rt lower extremity @ 30% and same for lower extremity, all based on the C&P exam. Besides lack of feeling during the exam, I also was not able to feel the tuning fork vibrate when put against my ankle bone.

The rating decision refers to the early diabetic neuropathy bilateral feet that was included with the basic evaluation of DMII but that these conditions had progressed to seperate diability that was compensable.

Ed

Thanks Ed

Remember, I am new.

You are saying the rater kinda gives you a "standard" 20% 10% 10% for DM2 with PN both lower extremity.

But it can be raised to 30% per R or L lower extremity? Or is that 30% for both lower extremities?

I had the needles, Tuning fork, EMG. All bad. I was able to stand on toes & hills. I cant do that as well now. Only been 4 or 5 months.

I think I was under rated. Bet yall never heard that one before! B)

Have a appointment tomorrow. C&P Exam 11th. I have to learn fast!

Guest terrysturgis

Conecuh, You should also look up the VA's DMII training letter that has posted on this site several times. Contains information as to what the examiner is supposed to be looking for. The first time I saw it was posted by Berta.

I'll make it your assingment today as you know that your learning process will lead to success. Seriously, the more you know about the process the better your chances of getting the big award.

How long did it take you to get SSD. I've been waiting 18 months? Did you use an attorney?

Take care. Terry Sturgis