• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Poa

Rate this question

Berta

Question

They said they sent me a certified letter saying why-

I think I am much better off without them-

however they screwed up my claims enough so I am filing complaint with the General Counsel.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

however they screwed up my claims enough so I am filing complaint with the General Counsel.

I hope things work out for you Berta.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I am guessing that they do not wish to represent someone that makes their expertise of the VA system stink!

I find most of the service officers to be dumber than dumb!

I would complain though.

Josephine

Berta, Im sorry to hear they dropped you. Maybe you didnt need them anyway!! My VSO told me once that I couldve done all the stuff myself anyway. You seem to be more on top of things then them anyway and you seem alot smarter then them about VA regulations and the how to's of 38CFR. Think of the story that you will tell in the end about, how long it took and even though they dropped you, you still over came and won.

From reading your articulate and informative summaries, I would say you ARE better off without them.

Cheers!

• HadIt.com Elder

What a bunch of jerks these VSO's are to vets and survivors. All that talk and when it comes down to it they do a half-ass job on the claim. You are better off without them. I hope you can get them to pay you for malpractice or something Mal. One of them made an argument one time that although I had a medical condition my real problem was a severe personality disorder???? This was from the VSO. What an idiot. I could have shot him if I really did have a sociopathic personality. He killed my claim.

John-yesterday AM they -my POA received copy of my response to the first legal VCAA letter I have gotten in 4 1/2 years.They said they sent me a letter immediately yesterday AM- so maybe that is why-

I stated as part of my response to RO- what they got copy of--because it is unclear exactly what claim this VCAA letter is actually on-

that recently my POA confirmed that the 2003 letter I received was not a VCAA letter in compliance with the regs.

That happened on July 13th 2007 at the Bath NYSDVA office -and a well trained vet rep determined this right away-

In past correspondence from their director he stated that the letter I got WAS legal-

a notation in my POA file however showed he asked someone at their Buffalo office to check what I got-

no one apparently ever did until July 13th 2007-years after the fact-

when I asked this other vet rep about it --- he read it and said no it isnt a legal VCAA letter-

I needed to raise this issue to VA because I never received an election notice on that claim either and had to turn the election notice for this other claim into one that would again bring my IMOs to light.

I still dont know why they rescinded but this might be why.

Two reps lied to the Director about this -he never saw the actual VCAA letter I got-

I called VA again and they told me this had nothing to do with the movement to the DRO and would have nothing to do with the adjudication of my claim-I deal with DRO myself now.

I emailed the Governor too as I had complained about them before and I requested that they not destroy my records at their offices until I can get a resolve from the GC.

The state of NY pays them.The governor's office will get that request to them.

I think they jumped the gun not knowing that one of their own reps agreed that my VCAA letter was not legal.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.