Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Experience

Rate this question

Big

Question

I have had back problems for many years.(non service)and had back surgery a few years ago(non Va. hospital.)

I started using Va. medical treatment 21/2 years ago with my bad back being the main subject. Over a two year period I finally got to the MRI stage and was seen by a neurologist

He told me there was nothing he could do. I asked my primary doc. for a second opinion and was told I could'nt get one at the Va. and I was sent to pain management.

I went to an outside neurologist and was in surgery within three weeks.

That was just two months ago and now the pain is gone other than the soreness from surgery.

Thank God I have ins. because i will not use Va. medical anymore.

Big

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Time:

I am glad that someone at the VA finally stepped up and now you are going to get the help you need.

I think that the VA knows that more eye's than usual are looking at them and they are trying to fix some of the problems.

I was having problems keeping up with and track of my Meds and much to my surprise the VA hired a private Company who sent a nurse out and helped me organize my meds and teach me some easy ways to keep stuff straight.

Now if only I could get the VA Pharmacy straightened out.

Good Luck

Pete

my docs write me for percocets and between them and Kroger brand PMs I get on sale about twice a year for 2.14 a bottle (I stock up 12 boxes) I get 3-5 hours at a time if it ain't the back pain it's the damn nightmares besides my wife let me buy a hot tub and it helps relieve the pain and then excerises in the pool take the tension out of the back then the scooter they gave me lets me get around the neighborhood rofl I am hell on wheels the neighbors call me that damn crazy old vet lol what I am supposed to care?

I am that "crazy old vet", until another vet (uncle, brother, cousin) needs a claim filed... then it's Bobby or Bob... go figure. I'm getting a pool, whenever the new house gets finished ... if ever (what a nightmare) I'm putting in an indoor heated pool.. period. Yep I'll never recoup the cost out here in the sticks, but who cares anyway? Hopefully after this next surgery I'll even be able to use it. I dont use my scooter except if I have to walk a lot... but look out at Disneyworld cause I take no prisoners there.... and the thing is insanely fast... ha, I left skid marks in front of our resort room..

Somedays the only thing that keeps me sane is laughter. (according to some people that doesnt work either)

As far as getting healthcare from the VA they cant deny you, but make sure they have a copy of your other insurance and if you get care elsewhere they need a copy of the medical records... take them to release opf information, dont just give a copy to your doctor and assume they will make it. Go there yourself, with a copy... also maybe do "in-person authentication" for myHealthevet at the same time huh?