Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

100% Or Ui Is Best?

Maurice

Question

Which of the two is best for a disable veteran UI or 100% ?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

Guest Dataman

None of them. It's best to get well enough to work and not have to live on Govt Handout. I know. It's boring. Not enough money compared to what I could earn healthy (about 1/3).

Since it's almost impossible to get 100% (VA Math) TDIU helps bridge the gap when you cannot work.

Depends on your situation:

-If you are a retiree then 100 percent schedular is best as it allows for full CRDP.

-If you are healthy enough to work the 100 percent schedular is best as it allows you to continue to work.

-If you can not work the TDIU is the best route to go as it can be awarded eventhough you are not really declared 100 percent disabled.

However, as Dataman put it none of them are good if you have to give up your health for them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think VA compensation is a "hand out" it is like SSD a "earned benefit" and I think most of us agree we would trade our checks for the ability to get our health back, but since that isn't possible the "PROMISE" was when we enlisted that if anything happened to us as a result of service the government would take care of us medically and financially we all earned our benefits VA compensation is NOT welfare

• HadIt.com Elder

Compensation is the government's attempt to make you whole for what you have lost. It is not welfare. You served the nation and in the process you lost your health.

If vets were not compensated for loss then who in their right mind would ever enlist knowing they would have to end up with a tin cup?

Guest Dataman
Compensation is the government's attempt to make you whole for what you have lost. It is not welfare. You served the nation and in the process you lost your health.

If vets were not compensated for loss then who in their right mind would ever enlist knowing they would have to end up with a tin cup?

When I enlisted I did not care about disability pay. Heck I wore a Big S on my shirt. Did things that I would not do today. I bet most young yets think the same way. When your young you don't think it can happen to you.

I never dreamed of staying in the service more than 4 years. I had plans to get out. I got my job I wanted after 4 years. Rank was easy to get (E5 three years).

Good Boss, good location. WHy not.

I personally think I could work if the right job was offered. I try to volunteer and even now have been sick after doing too much volunteer time.

I feel if somone cannot work and gets TDIU it should be awarded 100 SC.

Maurice sorry if I scared U away. But I lose tacktfulness when I get sick. I hope if you cannot work the system does you right.

SFD

the "PROMISE" was when we enlisted that if anything happened to us as a result of service the government would take care of us medically and financially

What about the promise if you stay for 20 we will ......................................

they have not kept one promise!

None of them. It's best to get well enough to work and not have to live on Govt Handout. I know. It's boring. Not enough money compared to what I could earn healthy (about 1/3).

Since it's almost impossible to get 100% (VA Math) TDIU helps bridge the gap when you cannot work.

No Dataman, it's not a Gov't hand out. Our uncle is always tight with his funds. Either we have earned it or have invested. :rolleyes:

Which of the two is best for a disable veteran UI or 100% ?

Maurice, I guess you can get pounded if you structure your question this way. We all have a tendencies to get off track with a question when we have been through or are going through the very system that we feel is against us at times, the same system we want to and is supposed to protect us when we are down, but I hear what your saying. In my opinion you should give a little of your problem and how you should approach it, that kinda how it works here. The systems are in place to protect us medically First and the financial part is to help bridge the gap, the finance gap the medical problems leave behind and present. So in short I believe it depends on your situation. Later RC

I made the print better so all can read

Pete

Edited by Pete53