Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Demand An Explanation!

Rate this question

jmack

Question

hadit members:

I decided to make this post because of a response earlier that I made to a member. There are a lot of military units out there that really mess up alot of young veterans that have to discontinue their military service for reasons prior to their expiration term of service. Please advise those who are close to you or someone you care about not to be satisfied with only an "honorable, honorable under general conditions or anything that suggest that block 24 of DD 214 is the only important part of the document, because its not. They need to have the DD 214 explained to them before signing. They could very well be signing a document that suggest, yes, "we are granting you an honorable discharge but your seperation code, block 26 could mean something derogatory enough to prevent veteran's benefit. As well as block 28, "reason for seperation. Spread the word so that none of our younger vets get screwed by the system, whether intentional or unintentional. Hope this be of help in our quest for "no veteran left behind".

jmack

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I wonder if some of the veterans' organizations would include your comments as part of an

article? There should be a way to get this information to a greater audience in print.

Great job!

Just had an airman discharged because of fraudulent enlistment. When he fell from the merry go round at age three, that is the reason he was discharged!! He suffered a fall in basic and the Air Force says he has a broken vertabrae ( which he does) and it is because of the fall twenty years ago. So how did he pass MEPS? How did he pass basic five weeks and then go to sick bay and get thrown out? AF Says he did not report the injury and that is fraudulent enlistment?? Marine went through prior physcial training, went to MEPS, then during week four or so suffered a broken foot. Fraudulent enlistment. He had a broken foot before enlistment. So how did he do the prior four weeks of running with the recruiter? I have as a VSO tried to turn these around but the Review board for both services say they lied.

Just had an airman discharged because of fraudulent enlistment. When he fell from the merry go round at age three, that is the reason he was discharged!! He suffered a fall in basic and the Air Force says he has a broken vertabrae ( which he does) and it is because of the fall twenty years ago. So how did he pass MEPS? How did he pass basic five weeks and then go to sick bay and get thrown out? AF Says he did not report the injury and that is fraudulent enlistment?? Marine went through prior physcial training, went to MEPS, then during week four or so suffered a broken foot. Fraudulent enlistment. He had a broken foot before enlistment. So how did he do the prior four weeks of running with the recruiter? I have as a VSO tried to turn these around but the Review board for both services say they lied.

There is a similar situation discussed within this forum under "VA Denied Roomate's Claim." The last post was 30 Sep 07 so you would have to go back only one or two screens to read it. (or use the search engine on Hadit).

I used to crap on myself when I was one so I guess this explains my current IBS. Dang those DoD guys are good. I will go turn myself and my 214 in tomorrow. Guess I will also lose my retirement pay. DoD has gotten to where it makes me sick at my belly.........some of the crap they come up with to cheat service members out of well deserved benefits is simple criminal acts. Those criminal acts, that according to them when they used to tell us that we had to fight to protect America's freedom, are only conducted by dictators and communist leaders...... hmmmmmm maybe the current DoD leaders learned too well from the same sick basta--s they trained us to kill.