Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation And Pension Exam For Unemployability

Rate this question

kim8888

Question

i was awarded 70% disability for ptsd due to military sexual trauma 3 months ago. the examination was a horrible experience for me and threw me into a deep depression. i just received notification that in a couple of days i have to have another exam for my claim for unemployablity. i was told that i had to see two doctors this time. i am terrified. do they ask the same questions that they did the first time? what is the second doctor for. any advise on what happens in these examinations would be greatly appreciated and what things are they looking for. i hope that if i know a little about what to expect that i won't go into another severe depression. i have been on social security disability for 4 years for depression. i really need the extra money because i cannot get the help that i need from the va hospital and have to pay a great deal of money out of pocket to see 3 local doctors on a weekly basis not to mention physical problem i am having due to stress. HELP KIMMBERLY

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

kim many of us have been where you are and you are not alone. you probably with see two docs one for physical problems and one for mental evaluation. that's how it went for me. do take your husband if at all possible it should help your anxiety. don't be afraid to them the truth of what life is like for you. don't try and soldier up, you are wounded there is no shame in that.