VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ssdi

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

:rolleyes: My husband is on SSDI, for PTSD - THE VA ADMITS PTSD- HAS VERIFIED STRESSOR-BUDDY STMNT.- HE IS ON NSC PENSION BECAUSE OF PTSD AND HE CAN'T WORK-AND YET THEY STILL HAVE IT ON THE DRO'S DESK- WHAT ELSE DO THEY NEED- AND WHY DID IT THEY WAIT TILL JULY 07' TO DO A 2 ND C AND P EXAM --WHEN IT HAS BEEN OPENED SINCE 1998, AND WE DID VA 9 IN 05--HAVE BEEN EVEN WAITINF FOR A DRO HEARING FOR 4 YEARS--ANYONE ELSE/THANKS FOR INPUT :blink:

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

MrsVet:

The VA wants a C&P under one year. Sometimes you just have to jump through the hoops. It is not fair but that is the only way you can settle this.

Looks to me like you have a solid claim. Good Luck

Did he make formal application for TDIU?

Does he have a service officer or vet rep helping him?

• HadIt.com Elder

If your husband has a NSC pension for PTSD that is proof he cannot work. If the VA decides the PTSD is service connected then I think his TDIU should go back to the date his NSC pension was approved since it is for the same condition. Does this not make sense? If the VA approved a NSC pension for PTSD where did the VA suppose the PTSD came from if not from military service? This is sort of like getting a NSC pension for having lost a leg in Vietnam. It does not make sense that it should be NSC. Did the VA dispute the PTSD diagnosis or claim his mental problems were from something besides military service?

If he got a new C&P exam then you should be hearing pretty soon. Did you get a copy of the C&P exam and if so what was the conclusion? If the C&P says chronic, severe PTSD then chances are he gets either TDIU or 100%.

Thanks for your replies :blink: -In May 07- we were sent an important reply needed letter- it said the stressors had been verified(they were submitted before the SSOC came but were overlooked I guess) and a CP exam scheduled--they enclosed form 21-8940 and was included "what evidence must show"-along with the VCAA notice response(which I also submitted in April twice) the SSOC said the SS records did not provide evidence of a verifiable stressor-it said although SS was granted for PTSD they are unable to establish IU because you aren't , service-connected / but the 04' decision-granted NSC PENSION for disasbilities, including benign prostatic hypertrophy and hypertension which prevent working- the C&P exam was favorable, except that he lhas loving feelings for me and our grown children- for all 4 GAFS over the 4 years -- SS FOUND 40- PRIVATE 35- VA 45- VA 50, the DAV is no help- we have gone to Congressional, but they are very confused- now we our seeing a lawyer- but I understand they need to file a NOD as of JULY 07' to be compensated-- but I do believe that will Hold it up further--we filed the NOD BACK IN 04'-i HAVE WORKED THIS BASICALLY ALONE - FOR 9 YEARS SINCE 1998- AND HAVE EVERY INCH OF THE 50,000 PIECES OF PAPER!! ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THANK YOU ALL :o ps when he came back from Nam 2 months his doc. prescribed lithium for anxiety- is this anything relevant??

FORGOT - THE LETTER SAYS YOU SEEM TO ONLY BE FOCUSING ON PTSD AND IU-- ARE U WITHDRAWING THE OTHER ISSUES UNDER APPEAL? WE DIDN'T BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY DENIED THEM- AND DIDN'T WANT ANOTHER PAPER CHASE

"ps when he came back from Nam 2 months his doc. prescribed lithium for anxiety- is this anything relevant"

Those treatment records could certainly help-

It seems to me that they should be working on the TDIU form.

The evidence in my opinion- clearly indicates he should be awarded for TDIU-for PTSD.If his SSA is solely for PTSD -whether SSA had a proven stressor or not- and since his stressor was verified.

What did SSA actually attribute his PTSD to? That might be the problem here.

Make sure you get a copy of the results of the next C & P exam.Do I understand this right- he has been set for another C & P?

I am a little confused -they sent a VCAA letter saying his stressors were veified but then he got SSOC saying they were not?

Edited by Berta