VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can The Exam Dr. For C & P Ask About Different Medical Isues?

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

If I go to a C & P for feet and the Dr asks me about other medical issues that are not related to the C & P exam issue, do I have to answer? Or can they ask about ANY SC med condition and I have to answer?

I ask because, I am going to see a Dr who is general practice, but also is a psycharitic Dr. This is a non VA Dr, that has been contracted to do C & P's. It's strange that neither the VA, the VA main contractor administrator nor the Dr in question ever mentioned the other speciality (psychatric Dr).

Perhaps the VA is trying to determine if my SC for depression should be reduced while they are doing the other C & P. My paperwork does not say it is for mental ill eval.

Am I being paranoid?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I've had those things go both ways.

One, for an exam for chronic fatigue a general NP commented on my depression as not being SC.

The real exam for the depression was done by a psychiatrist. He had read my WHOLE file and asked about a previous claim for head injury that had been denied and closed for years. His report eventually got me 100% for this injury though I had not re-opened it.

Time

Edited by timetowinarace

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have filed a claim your C&P File is at the RO.

Your Medical File is kept at the VAMC.

They are different files your C&P should have results and medical opinions from the VAMC.

If you want a particular Medial Record to be included in your C&P you should copy it and submit it as evidence. That it would be in your C&P File.

You also probably have other files you might need to see. This would include all your Service Medical Records and your 201 Files from Military. The VAMC usually has a separate file for Dental and Administrative as well as Voc Rehab keeps their own files.

Its a jigsaw puzzle and oftentimes the Veteran needs to accumulate it and put it together to win a claim.

Time,

Thanks for sharing a GOOD experience w/ a VA C&P doc. There are some good ones and it's important that we remember that.

My C&P shrink wrote a great nexus statement so I got SC and she also wrote very strong 100% disabled due to inability to hold down a job due to sc mental disorder and other statements which the VA completely ignored when they rated me 50% but hopefully they will look at her notes more closely with my NOD.

I just hope if they send me back for another C&P exam that I get her again and not some of the other docs I've read about here that can screw up your VA claim royally for years.

Thanks again for sharing the positive experience. We need to remember that there are some honorable, committed individuals working in the VA and it's easy to forget when your claim drags on forever.

Thanks,

TS

If I go to a C & P for feet and the Dr asks me about other medical issues that are not related to the C & P exam issue, do I have to answer? Or can they ask about ANY SC med condition and I have to answer?

I ask because, I am going to see a Dr who is general practice, but also is a psycharitic Dr. This is a non VA Dr, that has been contracted to do C & P's. It's strange that neither the VA, the VA main contractor administrator nor the Dr in question ever mentioned the other speciality (psychatric Dr).

Perhaps the VA is trying to determine if my SC for depression should be reduced while they are doing the other C & P. My paperwork does not say it is for mental ill eval.

Am I being paranoid?

Remember the second he or she calls your name, they are watching how you get out of the chair etc. If anything is bothering you with your health, now is the time to bring it up..do not make anything up, but complain about anything , pain etc..