Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressor Letter

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I found a few web sites "how to" write a stressor letter, Is there anyone I can talk to about the content of my Stressor letter, I know first hand knowledge is king . I was able to contact my CO at the time to valch for me, he's is writting a letter for me to put with mine . I just want to make sure I word it right, some one who is been down this road please. Thanks for your help. RC

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Be sure and notarize all the stressor letters and buddy statements.

I dont know if it is required but none of my stresor letters were notarized. I was rated at 70%.

Cowgirl- not only must the VCAA letter contain highlighted and underlined statements as to what evidence the vet needs to send- but the Election Form is CRITICAL-

My own case proves this fact- As soon as the RO got my election form on 9-10-07 they took immediate steps to get it to a DRO.

This was the first legal election notice and VCAA letter I ever got- in over 4 years-

As you all know my POA insisted (even the Director did too) that the VCAA letter I got in 2003 was legal-but it was not.

I not only have filed a 23 page complaint with the OGC on my reps but also am going to see a lawyer for class action state cause of action against the too.

If anyone here feels they were not properly represneted by NYS Division of Veterans Affairs please let me know-

I think the considerable VCAA violation remands they have

had from the BVA will support a lawsuit as class action.

I found many double remands- a triple and even a Quadruple remand that they held POA on in 2007.

Those involving VCAA violations caused the veteran or widow needless additional waiting and became part of the BVA backlog- with no good reason.

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont know if it is required but none of my stresor letters were notarized. I was rated at 70%.

You are a Combat Vet so the VA is under different rules. Your stressor letter still needed to be verified. The reason to notarize a buddy or stressor letter is to put it on the same footing as actual testimony. I am sure that no one has to absolutely do anything a certain way its just a suggestion for a stronger claim. You don't have to keep copies of your claim or proof of delivery either but its a good idea.

Thanks Pete, from what I've found is things on a Stressor Letter are investigated and verified having them notarized cut through red tape and longer waits while they check your story. I talked to my CO at the time and he had problem with it. RC

Stressor letters DO NOT HAVE to be notarized! I keep telling people but no one listens, if you were in Vietnam and do not have a stressor go to http://www.clemson.edu/caah/history/Facult...e/airforce.html

then under that same website:

Roger P. Fox, Air Base Defense in the Republic of Vietnam, 1961-1973. Office of Air Force History, 1979. ix, 278 pp. Appendix 1 (pp. 172-204), "Chronology of VC/NVA Attacks On the Ten Primary USAF Operating Bases in RVN, 1961-1973," has been placed on-line at an Air University web site and also in the Virtual Vietnam Archive of the Vietnam Project, at Texas Tech University.

D 301.2:Ai 7/30/961-73 (or maybe 7/31/961-73) Go to the Appendix 1 and if you were around any of those air bases there is your stressor. Look at the year, month you were there, then look for the air base, and highlight it. Submit it to the VA and just a short statement: I was here, these are the rocket attacks, I thought I was going to die, blah blah. Case done. I have used this repeatedly for vets and it complies with the VA regs. You get your 201 file/SRB file to place yourself there and coordinate them. Time and Location. Any questions email me Q