Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Va Problems

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfOCT07/nf102307-1.htm

I wonder where the heck that Pentagon guy got the idea that claims are taking 6 months ?

He thinks that is a delay in the claims process?

Claims are taking years.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never had a claim take just six months from start to finish. The rule here is 12-18 months just to get the initial, low ball rating. How many claims end with an initial rating? That is just the jumping off point for most of us. A fiction like the 6 month claim is somehow accepted by the media and the powers that be when in fact the VA is just cooking the books.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the VARO is cherry picking claims to get a better image. I also think that sometimes we get confused but I would say that the VA usually makes their easy calls in less than 6 months. Example my HB Claim was made in late December and I was awarded HB in April or 4 months and I was very surprised. I immediately Appealed Effective Date and I had my hearing last week about 5 months. I am pretty sure I will have an answer by the end of the year. I had a C&P in Feb.

I think that they are also counting the awards that they are making to Veterans who are just leaving the Military.

If someone was asking me though I would pretty much tell them the same that John999 posted cause 12 to 18 months for initial decision seems in the ball park for me.

Anyone involved in a claim can help move it by being concise in their paper work and rounding up Medical Reports and presenting them to VA. Be sure and give copies and save everything you submit.

Yeah and they didnt account for all of the Remands-tnousands and thousands at the BVA-adding years to the claims process.

My RO does not even read a NOD until a year has passed-

I have no doubt that the actual claim statistic figures are being manipulated.

• HadIt.com Elder

Isn't if funny how we all are suspicious and distrustful of our own beloved government? I don't know who the enemy is anymore. Are they "over there" or are they "over here"?

I feel fortunate in that I have never waited over 12 months for a decision and I have had 4 since 1992.

My initial claim was processed within 6 months (1992)

First Increase was 8.5 months (1997)

Another claim for increase 4 months from VARO and BVA was less than 2 years.

My most recent was filed 2/07 and decided in 9/07

Bill