Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spinal Cord Injury Combined Rating 90% But Denied Iu

Rate this question

rbhracing

Question

I have 90% rating: arachnoiditis, PTSD, migraines, and a couple 10%ers. But they denied IU. They state current functional limitations involve no prolong standing, walking, sitting or running but there is no evidence your disabilities preclude all types of empoyment. You are considered capable of gainful empoyment. Can you believe that crap?

Help!

Thanks,

Rbhracing

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is unbelievable!!!! Do you receive SSDI? Did you apply for Voc Rehab? I just applied for IU and before doing so I requested and now receive SSDI and I requested Voc Rehab, but was told that I was not a good candidate for the program right now.

I have applied for SSDI. I am still in the inital phase. The Army medical center (WBAMC) is not sending records and the disabilty determining agency did not request the records from VA. She says she didn't know to do that. Anyway, I faxed her my rating letter and the info to get records from VA. I ETSed in June and applied for SSDI in August and am still in the very first phase. They lost my birth certificate so I have to request another one.

Just got my rating but will not see a dime til Jan 08 due to RCP from Army. I wish someone would have told me that my RCP would have to be paid back when I got VA disability.

Wow!! My SSDI went very fast I applied in Feb and received payment in June so I was so happy about that. Did you not make a copy of your medical records when you were discharged? I gave the VA as well as SSA my records so that way they did not have to request anything. You will learn so much fromt his board I know I have.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask for an increase in your Spine rating based on the fact you you cannot stand or wlk due to the Spinal Injury. 100 percent schedular is better than IU any day.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I'm a little confused, are you saying all your ratings (percentages) add up to 90% or you were informed your rated @ 90%.Thanks RC

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

Little more info.... what specifically are your ratings. What is the PTSD, if your PTSD is 70% you should be IU. List out the individual awards, so we know what avenue to look for. If you do that, it will be esy to point you in the proper direction to file a De Novo Review. That will take only 2-4 months usually and if it is written up properly you should get your IU within a year.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.